Pages

Thursday 4 February 2010

Quaker Row All Framed Up

Hello Peeps! Thank you for all your wonderful comments on the results of my first attempt at tea bag splodging! Being the conservative type i did feel rather reckless but as i love the results, especially when i saw it framed, you can be sure I'll be trying it again :-)
_MG_5998
I picked Quaker Row up this afternoon, and once again Sharon & Mark at 'Betty's' did a great job!
As I've been plagued with a migraine for the last couple of days not much stitching has been done, two days running i had to come back from work and go to bed for a few hours, thankfully this afternoon i have finally got a clear head, such a great feeling after migraine pain.
********************
I finally got myself organised enough to have a sort out and decided to start a 'swap / trade' blog if you want to have a wander over the link is in the right side bar, I've put some charts up for now but i have loads of magazines that i will be sorting through over the next couple of weeks and adding too, and I'm certain there are other charts lurking somewhere. I've added some wishes, likes & dislikes too.
********************
For my birthday at Christmas amongst other things my eldest daughter bought me Quaker Diamonds with the required Valdani threads and i made this my new start last weekend, this is not going to be a 'quick stitch' and i haven't made enough progress to show, I'll share it next week when I've been able to fit more stitchy time in.
********************
I'm thrilled that so many of you enjoy Philippa Gregory books too, I'm getting blank looks when i mention them at work and a sort of wrinkling of the nose when i say they are about the Tudors. I seem to be on a bit of a history fest at the moment and was chuffed to bits today when i came across two books in the charity shop, 'Elizabeth The Great' by Elizabeth Jenkins about
Elizabeth I and 'Mary Tudor' by H.F.M Prescott, about Katherine of Aragon's daughter, Mary.
They both look brand new and a bargain at 90pence each!
I'm behind on my blog commenting because of the 'head thing' but i will get to you all this weekend to see what wonderful things you have been up to :-)
Until next time xx

24 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh Maggie it's gorgeous! I love your choice of frame, and your splotching looks very professional!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Quacker is beautiful!!! Your staining is great !! Frame goes so well with the design.

omashee aka Barb said...

Maggie, bee-u-tee-ful! So glad you're over the migraine.

Mylene said...

wow! The quaker is simply beautiful!!
Glad you're feeling better now.

Beaupippin said...

This looks gorgeous and the frame really suits it. What a fantastic overall finish. Well done!

Siobhán said...

That is a perfect choice for the frame! It looks great. You must be so thrilled with it. ;) I hope you are feeling better soon & able to get working on your new start!

Lois said...

Maggie it's gorgeous! I love the frame, what a great job they did. Migraines are horrible things so I hope this last one is totally and utterly gone.

Loraine said...

Love your finish! Perfect frame for you lovely work.
So sorry you are feeling bad. Hope you get well really soon.
Happy Belated birthday!
Take Care and many hugs.

Anonymous said...

OH, how pretty!

Karan said...

Perfect frame choice - fabulous! Hope you are feeling much better now - migraines are horrible. Looking forward to seeing the new WIP. Nice book bargains - I love all things Tudor too. Enjoy. :0)

Anonymous said...

Love the frame you chose, it looks amazing! I hope you're feeling better - nothing worse than a headache.

Carolien said...

Hello Maggie,

Your framed version looks very stylish, great!

Have a nice week!
Bye, Carolien

Brigitte said...

Quaker Row is such a beauty, and the frame so perfect for it. I love how the colour of the frame goes perfectly well with the colour of the thread you used. Love it.

Crazee4books said...

Hi Maggie,

Love the new collage of pictures
you've arranged at the top of
your blog.

Well. The framed Quaker Row is
magnificent. An excellent choice
for the frame which shows off the
stitched piece wonderfully. Your
framers did a great job.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've
been suffering from a migraine
for several days. Not a pleasant
experience I'm told. Glad to
hear that it's past now and you
are feeling better.

Was wondering if you'd like to
come and sort out my stash next?
I might sit down and sort my
extra DMC threads out this week
to get an idea of what I have.
I tend to get lazy and not mark
down whenever I take a skein of
thread out of my "extras" pile
to use so I don't know what I
have in that colorful pile.

Ohhhh... Lucky you to have
Quaker Diamonds and the gorgeous
Valdani silks to stitch it with.
What a wonderful gift to receive.
Can't wait to see your progress
on it.

http://www.passagestothepast.com/
This is a great website for
checking out new releases in historical fiction. Thought that
you might enjoy exploring it and
seeing what other writers are out
there writing in this genre.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

hello am doing some blog-hoppng (from Stitched in Wales) and wanted to say your Quakers Row looks stunning and you're so brave to have tea-stained your fabric - it looks GREAT !!! Am now off to read up on Philippa Gregory's books on amazon ^^ always love to discover new authors so thanks for that

Kellie said...

Quaker Row looks stunning in its frame. Beautiful!
Hope you are feeling better and the migraines have not returned.

Michelle said...

Your Quaker Row is gorgeous in its frame! I am so sorry to hear about the migraines - I get them too, so I feel for you. I hope you can get started on your new start soon. I've only read one of the Phillipa Gregory books, but I'm anxious to read more - it was sooo good!

Felicity said...

Like Claire, I'm checking out your blog from Sandra's blog comments. Your work is magnificent! Congratulations on such a gorgeous finish.

Kim B said...

It's gorgeous Maggie! Migraines are the worst!

KarenV said...

I love your framed Quaker! The tea bag splodging worked wonderfully and I love the frame - Mark did a great job. I use Betty's for my framing too, but haven't been over in a while. I have a pile of stuff waiting to take for Mark to work his magic :)

I'm also a big Philippa Gregory fan - love her books! Have you come across Alison Weir? She also writes good Tudor historical fiction, I can definitely recommend her.

Roberta said...

Love Quakers Row, looks great.

Need to check out Philippa Gregory books, not that I need another book to read!!! or a chart to stitch!! ;o)

Have a great day -- Roberta

Glenna said...

Wow--after seeing the results, I'm willing to try it also! Just gorgeous!

Tammy said...

You did a fantastic job on that Quaker piece-I love it!

MysteryKnitter said...

That looks awesome! I mean that stitched sampler - kind of thing with brown frame. You were brave to try that "aging method". I wouldn't have dared.