Pages

Saturday 31 December 2011

Looking Forward, Looking Back

(Sorry, rather a longer post than i anticipated, lol)

As we approach the end of 2011 and the beginning of a brand New Year I want to wish you all a Healthy and Happy 2012!!
I'm not one to set New Year resolutions, after all if you really want to make big changes why wait until New Year, changes can be made whatever the time of the year :-)  However, I am going to make an effort to do certain things.  This past year I've not read as many books, I've collected more than I've read, so there's one goal  and, it sort of goes hand in hand with something else I've promised myself, which is to have more 'me' time.  I spend a lot of time doing things for other people so I'm making a effort everyday to set aside some time just for me, no interruptions, no putting it off, just me and a book or whatever I want to do!
I wasn't very productive with stitching last year either, but, if I'm setting some 'me' time aside in 2012 that should change - in theory, lol.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In 2011 Something I've kept quiet about is the fact that a few months ago I joined Slimming World, and to date I have lost 1stone 3lb, it goes without saying really that the new year will see me trying to loose a few more pounds, not too much, I think another 6-7 pounds will be enough so that i can maintain it without denying myself a little of what I fancy ;-)  
I'm already enjoying feeling more comfortable in my clothes and this weekend I actually fit into a size 12 jeans! Wow, been a while since I've done that!  Stevie joined along with me and she also reached her one stone target Christmas week!  at 5' 9" she doesn't need to loose too much but it has been a great way to make her aware of the rubbish she was eating, getting her off McDonald meals, getting her to eat wholemeal bread and more fruit and yoghurt :-)

2011 was also the year in which my husband finally gave up smoking! like all smokers he has tried several times, but it never lasted long, this time it's been almost 6 months since he quit, what's made a big difference this time is the fact that he did it because HE wanted to, no nagging from me, and I've been very careful not to keep asking if he's had a cigarette, he has said this makes a difference because he is not reminded of it all the time.  Fingers crossed that he has kicked the habit for good this time - he and his clothes smell so much nicer, lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was fantastic to read all your birthday wishes on my milestone birthday, it meant a lot to me that you stopped by:-)
There was a really great surprise from Elaine.  With everything she has going on at the moment she still managed to remember my birthday and sent me a $25 gift certificate to spend at Wasatch Needlecraft, thank you so much Elaine your thoughtfulness really touched me.  I'm really looking forward to a new start when my charts arrive :-)
I can't go without showing you my Pandora bracelet that Jenny bought me
She also bought me the present charm to go with it, Joanne bought me my birthstone with the turquoise stone and Mark bought me the cross stitch charm, (with a gentle reminder from me, i knew i just had to have that one when i saw it, lol)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you to everyone who follows my blog and take the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate each and every one :-) 
See you all next year!

****  HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL  ****

20 comments:

Mouse said...

ohhh well done on the weight loss ... I defo could do with losing a few pounds :) well done on the having some me time ... so worth it and congratulations to DH on the stopping smoking too :) wishing you a wonderful , healthy , happy and very stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxx

Nancy said...

What a beautiful bracelet! I like your idea of not waiting until the New Year to make positive changes, but I always feel the New Year is a gift of a fresh start. Isn't that a good feeling? Happy New Year to you!

Rowyn said...

Congrats on the weightloss, and your DH has done so well to give up smoking.

Love your Pandora. I bought one with some birthday money last year, and DH gave me some charms for Christmas. He is really happy as now he'll not be stuck for gift ideas for a while!

Happy new year!

Jeanne said...

Congratulation on your weight loss! It is so hard to do so kudos to you for sticking with it. I lost a little this year but not nearly what I should have so will continue on struggling with it in 2012.

Love your Pandora bracelet...I started one this year and so far it is filling up with a birthday and Christmas charms from the husband. I have my eye on that same charm with the cross-stitches on it. Pandora calls it a "shoelace" but we stitchers know what it REALLY means!

I hope you have a great year ahead!

Nicola said...

Well done on your weight loss. Size 12 is a good size to be. Your husband has done well too, smoking is such a hard habit to kick.

Hope you get more me time this year xxx

Cheryl said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! Ive been rubbish at commenting on blogs in 2011 but ive still been reading :-)

Katrina said...

Congrats on the weight loss and to your DH too, quitting smoking must be so hard. Pretty Pandora bracelet too!!!

Hope you have a happy new year with lots of stitching!!!

Sherry said...

Congratulations on the weight loss and to your husband on quitting smoking. Have a wonderful new year.

Shelleen said...

Love your Pandora Bracelet. Sounds like your DH quit smoking this time around.

Julie said...

Huge congrats on the weight loss to you both.
Well done hubby too.
Fabulous pandora, I have the pressie charm but I haven't seen the cross stitch one before, I've just shown it to hubby lol.
Happy 2012, I hope you do achieve more ME time for yourself.

Gill - That British Woman said...

well done on your weight loss and just love the bracelet,

Gill in Canada

(I sent you an email about Swagbucks)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Maggie. Well done to both you and your DH on your weight loss and giving up smoking, neither is easy I know. I love your Pandora bracelet!

Siobhán said...

Congratulations on the weight loss and to your DH on the smoking! How fantastic! My SIL (who lives in Belfast) did Slimming World and had great success with it. We don't have it in the Republic, unfortunately.

LOVE your Pandora bracelet! Make sure you look at etsy and ebay--they have some great prices on beads that are available at good prices that fit Pandora bracelets.

Melanie said...

Congrats on the weight loss and the hubby quitting smoking. That is AWESOME!!!

Heidi said...

Good for your with the weight loss. I need to loose some but it is almost impossible with my illnesses. I know you will achieve your goal of those extra pounds.

As far as reading, I did achieve my goal to read more than I bought which made me really happy. Using GoodReads is fun thanks to you telling me about it.

I wish you a happy and creative new year Maggie!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you on the weight loss and to your dear husband on quitting smoking.

Sounds like you are all set for a wonderful 2012.

Brigitte said...

Maggie, first of all I want to send you some happy belated birthday wishes. And major congratulations on your weight loss and to you husband on quitting smoking. Both are goals hard to realize and it's wonderful that you managed!
I hope that the new year will bring you what you want most - your me-time.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I am only menu planning in the hopes to be better organized and to save money. Here's hoping I stick to it!!!

Gill

Margaret said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. I have lost 11 kilo in the last two months and am really happy about that. Not so happy at the chore of having to alter all my clothes so they fit!!

Von said...

Lots of great, healthy milestones to celebrate! Congrats and may this year bring even more! :)