I thought that by now I would have been able to share our new house with you, but unfortunately we are still struggling to secure a moving date. This move has so many people in the chain, 7, yes 7 people all trying to work towards a mutually acceptable completion date. The person at the beginning dropped out leaving 2 houses back on the market, luckily one house sold again within 24 hours but that then meant that there were 2 new buyers in an already established chain who had to get mortgages, surveys and searches done. Then the people at the top of the chain lost out on the house they wanted, the builder decided to put it back on the market because it was taking too long. They have since found something else, and so it goes on, waiting, waiting, waiting. We have been told that all searches, surveys etc for the new people should be back sometime next week, I won't hold my breath, I'm trying not to think about it too much because it gives me a headache.....literally, I was in bed two days last week with a migraine, stressful, so, so stressful.
To keep me from going mad I have been going great guns on my granny square blanket, remember this little pile of squares?
They have multiplied and now there is this many!
Lots and lots of colourful squares :-)
(and about a zillion ends to sew in, lol)
Construction can start this afternoon, you never know, I might have it finished in time for my 'new' home :-)
My needlebook was also finished and made up, although I really am disappointed with my finishing. I knew this would be my downfall, although it's only for me so when I can overlook the mistakes (and there are many), I will start to use it.
It doesn't look too bad in this photo, which goes to show that the camera does lie, lol.
The other finishing I've managed is the loveliest, most cutest bunting I've ever seen :-) In fact, I think it's the BEST thing I've done in ages and makes me happy every time I look at it :-)
I followed the tutorial on Jacquie's blog (Bunny Mummy), which was very clear and easy to follow and also used her method of making a long chain to hang them on, (I used two different colours, yellow and orange held together).
And then I made 10 little pom poms to finish them off
I can see me making more bunting, It's just so cheerful and happy!
I'll leave you with a couple of photos of the columbine we have in our garden, I've dug up some of these plants to take with us, but they will be well past their best by they time they reach their new home.
I love the delicate frill on these flowers, so lovely.
Until next time