Pages

Sunday 19 October 2014

Birthday Celebrations

On Friday we celebrated a special day,  my beautiful Grandson turned 2.

I can hardly believe how these two years have flow by.  I've been remembering that long night with Jenny and James at the hospital, I was Jenny's 2nd birthing partner, but after an endless night I didn't see this special person make his appearance into the world, Jenny was so tired and it was decided that she needed help and was taken to another room where only one other person was allowed, of course that other person just had to be daddy.
I waited and waited for news and after about 45 minutes James came back and told me i had a Grandson, that he was already looking around him and had big feet!  
Of course I was over the moon, and so proud of them both, but especially Jenny, she was disappointed about not doing it herself, but honestly, she was a trooper.



I let her make the phone call to the new Grandad who was working in London at the time, and who promptly broke down in tears when he was told he had a Grandson.  He might act tough but the girls know their dad is a really softy inside.


I love this little boy so, so much, we all do, he is amazing, funny and clever.  If you are a grandparent you will know exactly what I mean, every Grandparent feels the same.



Helping Grandad fix it

He is growing up way to fast, we have to make the most of these precious days when they are small, and I can tell you that I make sure that I appreciate and make the most of all the hours I spend with him.

Happy Birthday Little Dude
xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little Dude looked so cute in his handknits. He is sure a cutie pie now.

cucki said...

Aww so cute x

Julie said...

Oh Maggie, this post brought a tear, what a lovely way to express a grandparents love..... I too know that feeling. I remember when you shared your little secret, can it really be that long ago?

He's grown into such a lovely little chap. Wishing him lots of fun, happy and healthy years ahead.