Pages

Thursday 31 December 2015

Another year over (and older)

So, another year gone, just like that......

2015 seemed to fly by in no time at all, don't you find that the older you get
the faster time goes?  It's scary if you dwell on it too much.

This year wasn't really full of crafty finishes, they were few and far between, I'm not going to list them again now, (if I've stitched it or crocheted it this year it will be on my blog, somewhere).
We did have lots of other things going on, that at times, seemed to take over our whole life, weeks upon weeks of plastering, papering, painting, floor laying, you name it we did it.  Even right up until Christmas Eve.

There are still things to be added here and there, a coffee table, hall table, and some soft furnishings, but the big stuff is done, (well except for the kitchen but we have to feed the piggy bank again before we start this).

Mark has virtually lived in working clothes for the whole year, he's worked like a trooper. 

****************** 

The highlight of this year was of course our middle daughter getting married.

Joanne and Gavin are just right for each other.  She was never an easy teenager, and she would agree with me saying that, but I must have done something right along the way because she has grown into a very sensible and hard working woman.  I hope that they will always be as happy as there were that day.

Joanne & Gavin June 4th 2015

********************
I wonder what 2016 will bring?

I will be starting it a year older.  
My birthday was December 27th, when I turned 54, I don't go in for big celebrations, Mark booked a meal in a nice Italian restaurant that I have been wanting to try for a while, and he booked it all by himself, I was impressed, lol
 He also put some money on a John Lewis card for me because I couldn't make my mind up what I wanted.
There were also some lovely gifts from my 3 daughters, they always spoil their Mother Duckling.

 Thank you to Clare and Julie for thinking of me too, December birthdays are notoriously hard as everyone is already stressed about Christmas so I am always touched when someone remembers.

********************

One of the things I want to do in 2016 is a monthly mantle decoration.
I've seen this on other blogs and always think it how nice it looks, so now that my (very merger this year), Christmas decorations are down here is my January Mantle, (just a little bit early).


So that's it for 2015.
I hope that 2016 is good to you and wish you health and happiness.

XXX


14 comments:

Julie said...

Your mantle looks lovely.
Wishing you a year filled with happy and fun times and lots of stitching too! Happy New Year.

Shebafudge said...

Happy New Year!

isabelle said...

Happy new year and haapy birthday (although I am a little too late...)

KC'sCourt! said...

Happy Birthday, Happy New Year and I agree with you this year whizzed past! Any faster I would have fallen off!
Julie xxxxxxx

cucki said...

Happy birthday
And happy new year dear
Big hugs x

Carolien said...

Hi Maggie,

Happy New Year to you and your family! 2015 Must have been a very special yesr, lovely to see your daughter´s wedding ´come back´ at this moment ...

Well, have fun in 2016!!!
xxx Carolien

Vickie said...

Many accomplishments this year. Happy Birthday! Happy New Year! Your monthly mantle will be great. The decorations for January are lovely.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Happy New Year to you. May you have a good 2016.

Sherry said...

I love your mantle! Can't wait to see it each month. I also start this year one year older as I had my bday in December also. Your daughter is beautiful and such a lovely wedding photo.

Carol said...

Happy belated birthday, Maggie! I love the wedding photo and wish your daughter and her husband every happiness together :) Happy New Year!

Barb said...

Well a very happy belated birthday!! Home remodeling can really upset other activities. I know , we totally redid our house in Kentucky. That's why my DH would only buy a NEW house out here. But then I had him spending a few years trying to make it look old!!! I hope 2016 is a great year for you!

Crazee4books said...

Hello Maggie,

Happy New Year!!!

And (belated) Happy Birthday too.

I have a friend who's birthday is December 31st and every year it's the same. At the
crack of midnight we yell "Happy New Year" which is closely followed by me yelling
"Crap!! I forgot Darlene's birthday again!!!!"

You guys get gipped I think.

I know what you mean about 2015 just flying by. Time really does seem to speed up
considerably the older you get. I've got a couple **cough** of years on you and have
noticed that too. I guess it's 'cause we're having more fun now. Yup.

Will we get to see a few pictures of all the hard work that you and Mark have been
doing on your new house? I'm dying of curiosity myself. I love DIU ... especially
when it's happening at other peoples homes.

Your daughter looked lovely on her wedding day! You have every right to be proud
on a day like that.

Your Christmas traditions with your daughters sound lovely and I smiled to imagine
you sneaking into Stevie's room to put out her presents in the wee hours of the
morning. That's the sort of thing that makes Christmas special and memorable.

Your Tiny Tidings finishes are so cute!! Love 'em both!!!

Hope the flooding and rains haven't effected you. The weather is certifiably nuts
these days!!!

Cheers!!!

Loraine said...

Happy birthday and happy new year! I hope it's a great your for you.
Love your mantle!

Mylene said...

Happy New Year!

I see we're both in December birthdays..Belated Happy Birthday and wish you all the best!!