Pages

Friday 29 December 2017

A round up of 2017 crafty makes

It's that time when we look back and see what crafty things we have made throughout the year.
I may not have done a lot of stitching this past year but I have certainly done a variety of things

Halloween exchange ornament my first attempt at making a nappy cake and the only Christmas ornament I managed to stitch for my own tree this year!
 V stitch blanket made for mum and two pieces made for a Valentine exchange

The largest stitched piece I managed this year
and I'm happy to say that Joanne was very pleased with it :-)


My attempts with the sewing machine

There are 3 a items missing which i didn't get to photograph before they were whisked away, the scarf for Oliver, another blanket for Bonnie and some bunting, also for Bonnie.

And here I was thinking that I hadn't really done a lot this year, put all together like this I'm pretty happy with my makings for 2017 :-)

Thank you to all that have taken the time to leave comments on my blog this year, I really do appreciate it.  
I know blogging has fallen out of favour with a lot of people at the moment and at times I have thought about stopping myself, it does take time and a certain amount of commitment to write regular posts so it's nice when people do take the time to say 'Hello'.  
I like to keep a record of what I've done throughout the year too, and I think blogging is a good way to do that so, I will be here again in January to start off a new year.  

I'm not going to make any New Year resolutions or set any goals for next year, I seem to sabotage myself if I do that, but i'm stealing Emma's idea, (from the Potter & Bloom podcast) and I've chosen a word for next year..I will let you know what my 'word' is when I post in January. :-)

So, I will See you in 2018

I wish you all a
Happy New Year
-X-

19 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

You've had a lovely productive year. I sense a family theme running through all of it. I hope that 2018 brings you happiness.

Tina said...

Wow, I would say a very productive year and really varied. Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for next year. Happy New year xx

Chris said...

A very productive year for you, beautiful gifts. I have enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to 2018 with you. Happy New Year.

Barb said...

You have so many lovely craft items to be proud of this year. Thanks for remaining in the blogging community. A Very healthy and happy and productive new year to you!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Such beautiful work. Love the baby things

KC'sCourt! said...

Your makes are great. You are so talented.

I enjoy blogging. I know what you mean about stopping, but I too have decided to carry on, like you its a record of what has been done during the year, I have tried writing diaries, and making a scrapbooks, but this is me telling whoever listens what I have done! I don't make resolutions either.

Julie xxxxxx

butterfly said...

Wonderful post , love everything you made last year.
You were a busy bee last year.
Happy New Year to you and your family .

Jo said...

Such wonderful makes, all of them. It's only when you put everything together that you realise what a productive year you've had. I'm glad you're not going to give up blogging, I love popping by and reading what you've been up to. Wishing you and your lovely family all the very best for 2018.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A beautiful selection of work in 2017, Maggie. I enjoy reading your blog and will look back on older posts if I'm searching for something you've written about earlier. Not the kind of thing I can easily do in other forms of social media. Please keep blogging.

Justine said...

You had a good year! I love your little Christmas ornaments, they are so beautifully finished.
I too hope you don't give up blogging!

Anonymous said...

You had an AMAZING stitchy year! I love all of your projects.

Congratulations on the new addition to the family. Looks like she inspired quite a few of those projects.

I'm so glad you have decided to keep blogging. I love reading your posts and "keeping in touch".

I'll be choosing MY word for 2018 too. I know what it is ..........but, it will not be posted until 2018.

Carolien said...

Hello Maggie,

Wow, you made so many lovely projects in 2017, hats off! So nice to see it all back again in one post. All those tiny sweaters etc, alone, so cute!
It's always a pleasure to hop over to your blog, so thank you very much again for sharing a part of your life with us. Love it. And thank you for your sweet comments on my blog as well!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Hugs Carolien

Eloise thisissixty.blog said...

Wow, very impressive. You clearly love crafting.
My 2017 creativity runs to two crotcheted blankets, a couple of shortened hems and lots of cakes!

Julie said...

Lots of great things you made this year Maggie. Your sewing machine skills are very impressive, sweet little drawstring bag.
Blessings to you and the family for 2018, hope its a good year for you all.

Anna van Schurman said...

Some very lovely items you have made! I especially like the pompom wreath and I always have a soft spot for the L*K first Christmas ornie--I stitched that one three years ago for my nieces. :)

Chris said...

What a productive year you've had, some fantastic stitching and sewing. I stitched that snowman with the big carrot nose a few years ago. Hope you have another good year in 2018.

Desiree Ehleiter said...

You had a wonderfully productive year, and all of your creations are so beautiful! I look forward to following your productions in 2018.

Sally said...

It looks like you’ve had a brilliant year crafty wise Maggie. Everything looks wonderful.

Unknown said...

Great Idea Best Anti Radar 2018 Review