Pages

Sunday 10 December 2017

If only the snow had waited another 2 weeks we could have had a white Christmas!

We've had a lovely weekend visiting Lincoln Christmas market. 
On Friday morning we woke up to quite a bit of snow and we thought it would take us longer than the estimated 2 hours to get there but when we reached the other side of Birmingham there was no snow to be seen, so we made good time and got to the hotel just after 2pm.  We dropped our bags and drove into town and managed to park the car on the retail park a short walk from the centre.

The hotel was further from the city centre than Booking.com had said (!) so on Saturday morning we caught the bus there and got a taxi back in the evening as we thought it would be busier than the day before.  We browsed the shops in the day and after a late lunch we made our way up to the Christmas market again.  The market is mainly centred around the area of the Cathedral and you make your way up via lovely pretty cobbled streets, very steep streets, in fact one of the streets is called Steep Hill.

I wish I had taken my camera on the Friday as on Saturday there were so many people it was impossible to get any decent photos at all, and also very hard to look at any of the stalls.  If you ever think you might like to visit Lincoln's Christmas Market take my advice and go on the Friday, it's much less stressful.







The wonderful Cathedral



This morning we woke to snow in Lincoln too, so we set off for home as soon as we could, again expecting delays.  The traffic was quite light so we got home safe and sound by just after lunchtime.

The conditions got worse the closer we go to home



I couldn't resist taking some photos as we were near home, everything looked so pretty!



Turning into our estate


And then our road

Then seeing our garden turned into a lovely white wonderland :-)


Looking over the garden fence


 (Below) Two doors away, part of their garden transformed into a magical scene


One of the first things I did once we had got the bags in was make sure the birds had some food.

My little Robin was soon back once he knew there was something :-)


Along with our other regular visitors


Sorry, I do seems to have posted a lot of photos again!

I have tomorrow off work so I'm going try and make the most of it and have a rest after all that walking.

See you soon
-X-

18 comments:

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

It all looks very festive. We haven’t had any snow here in East Yorkshire, but yours looks beautiful, like a scene from a Christmas card xx

Eloise said...

Lincoln is on my list of places to visit. It looks as though it will be pretty.
It's nice to spend a couple of days away - when you pack a lot into them, it can seem as good as having had a holiday.
Assume from your blog title that you are Midlands based - me too. Lots of snow!

Eloise at thisissixty.blog

butterfly said...

What lovely photos , all look beautiful.
I seen my old road in Halsowen full of snow on the news .
We don't have any at the moment here just Gales.
Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

Your photos are amazing. The snow is so beautiful and it looks like the Christmas market was fun even if it was a bit crowded.

I wonder if the Bryn Athyn Cathedral that I posted about was modeled after the one in your photos. They sure do look similar.

You can see the one I mean here: https://justd2me.blogspot.com/2017/12/bryn-athyn-cathedral.html

Wishing you a very restful day off!

Barb said...

That market looks like so much fun! even with the crowds. I loved the pictures of the Cathedral! The snow just makes everything lovely.

Jo said...

We were going to visit Lincoln Christmas market last year but then found out that dogs aren't allowed so we didn't go, I can see why they're not allowed now, goodness me it's packed. You got a good amount of snow, it's usually us further north who gets most of the snow but all we've had this weekend is a bit of sleet, not that I'm complaining. It does look so pretty though.

Maggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justine said...

Lincoln looks amazing! I don't like crowds though so will definitely go on the Friday if I ever have the chance to visit.

We have had a little snow at home (Cheshire) but not much. Your photos looked beautiful.

Unknown said...

Lincoln is a lovely place to visit although I've never been there for the Christmas market. The snow looks so pretty, Down here in Devon we have been snow free 😕

Ratnamurti Saraswati said...

what beautiful photos! i cannot imagine being somewhere like this (I live in the North Island of New Zealand).

Cathy said...

I would love the opportunity to visit a Christmas market! Maybe someday! Your photos are beautiful. No need to apologize for posting a lot. I just enjoyed them all.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's good that you enjoyed the Christmas market and had a safe journey there and back.

Julie said...

Winter wonderland indeed.... we had snow again last night, shame it didn't come 2 days earlier for a wake up on Christmas morning.
Lincoln does look busy!

Unknown said...

Great Idea Best Anti Snoring 2018 Review

anonimous said...

i just got my wife back after she left me alone with the kids and went with another man for 8yrs without not even a phone call. You can also get your own marriage,financial,or spiritual help from this good spell doctor called DR LUKE at [Drluke001@gmail.com] or call + 1 2 0 1 5 9 1 3 9 6 1

check it out!! said...

it's good

Top 10 best bubble balls 2018 review said...

it'great

Anna gomes said...

Top 10 best bubble balls 2018 review
http://www.mynews8.com/best-bubble-balls/