Pages

Wednesday 14 February 2018

Big house, little house, cardboard box

I'm still plugging away at this little village, all the houses are stitched, just Santa on his sleigh and the reindeer's plus a few snowflakes to stitch. 


I only realised today that it complements the pottery houses I bought on holiday last year :-)


I've really enjoyed working on this, and I just LOVE those roof tops!  I'm not usually very good about thinking of changing colours, (or very brave at swapping what the chart calls for), but this time I think I was right to swap out the charted DMC red for the variegated Threadworx.


I'm going for a finish by the weekend. 
I've been thinking about how I want it framed, still undecided whether to try something along the lines of how I finished Forest Snowfall, or have it professionally framed but I've got time to think about that.

I changed my mantle for February / Valentine at the beginning of the month, complete with lopsided Hyacinths, (isn't annoying when they do that!) 


The stitching is not new, I did this a couple of years ago

The pom pom wreath is new though, you know me and my love for a pom pom, lol
Mark rolls his eyes and says I'm mad (mmmmm in a good way, I think, he is usually smiling when he says it). 


This button heart you will have seen before too.


On Saturday we had new visitor to the garden.
I had just gone into the kitchen to get a glass of water, looked out the window and there he (she?) was!

A Great Spotted Woodpecker

I ran upstairs to get my camera and luckily it stayed around long enough for me to get some photos


It made my day, I'm easily pleased (see the bit about the pom poms above, lol) 
It don't take much to make me happy, lol


And the cardboard box?

If I fits, I sits.
Even if I have to wedge myself in there :-)


See you soon
-X-

20 comments:

Rhona said...

Love the little village and the change of threads works perfectly! The Great Spotted Woodpecker was a great treat to see....and how lucky he (or she!) stayed around long enough for you to get some pictures.

Poppypatchwork said...

Love your stitching, and your mantle very romantic, I love bird watching, we record all the different birds we see in our garden. As for the box we have a black and white who can fit in anysize box.

Vickie said...

Your village stitching is precious. Love your display. Your cat! How very, very cute.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely village stitching, I have a few painted houses, they are so cute

Anonymous said...

Hi Maggie wow i love your stitching the village looks fantastic i also love your bird pic,so pretty,i am your newest follower and i hope you will visit and follow me also.I had to laugh at the cat in the box ,they all love to sit in boxes or baskets,lol,hope you have a lovely day xx

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful woodpecker. You got great photos of him/her too.

As for the kitty ..... all ready for shipping.

Cindy's Stitching said...

The village is pretty. Love the display.

butterfly said...

Love the village looks wonderful.
Your fire place looks great too.
My Bulbs are the same they just won't stay up right.

Jo said...

Your latest stitching is lovely and, as you say, goes so well with the little houses. I really miss having a mantle when I see everyone decorating theirs for the coming seasons, I think your pom pom wreath is perfect for this time of year. How wonderful having a woodpecker visit, I've never seen one in our garden, though I sometimes hear them. Awww, your cat brought back memories of our cat, he would push his head into the smallest box and then walk around with it stuck on his head because he couldn't get back out. They're such funny things are cats.

MartinaM said...

Oh i love this En Retard, i stitched Rose Village - an also great motiv.
Martina

Justine said...

I stitched En Retard a year or two ago, I really love the thread you've used for the roofs, and it perfectly matches your painted houses! I'm jealous of your woodpecker. We have a robin and some bluetits visit us but nothing more exotic than that.

Carol said...

Very cute village you are stitching, Maggie! And how cute your kitty looks snuggled in the box :) I so miss having a cat in my home!

Julie said...

The variegated roofs on the houses are perfect.
Great pic of the woodpecker you captured, we haven't seen ours for quite a while. Nice pom pom heart.

Barb said...

The photo of the cat is adorable. I love the village you are stitching. The variegated threads look good!

Beth said...

Wonderful stitching and birding too!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The village stitching is beautiful and as you said it complements your pottery houses.

Kay said...

Il love this Christmas design, it is one I will look out for. x

Miriam said...

I would like to stitch the Christmas pattern, it is very nice. And your mantle is very romantic!
Miriam

Carolien said...

Oh my gosh, your cat is so 'cat like' in that box LOL
Love your houses, the roofs are fantastic indeed! And the combination with the pottery houses looks great :)

Happy stitching & love, Carolien

christiana louren said...

I was very skeptical at first to contact Lord Erons about helping me fix my relationship with my ex using his love binding spell when I saw this comments on a video online last week and decided to give it a try, last night around midnight. I am honestly very amazed because around 12:25am I finally got a text from him!.. we broke up less than a year ago and none of us would call or text each other (even though I was dying to do so) lol. I love him very much and right now I hope we can keep continue communicating and hopefully he will never leave me. Thank you Lord Eromonsele for helping me bring back my ex! I would recommend him for everyone WhatsApp: +2349079308479 & dr.eromonsele@gmail.com