Pages

Saturday 16 June 2018

The kids are alright

Thank you for all your comments on my last post, thankfully little Arthur is doing just fine now, he has finished his course of antibiotics and was discharged from hospital last Saturday.  It was confirmed as a Strep bacteria which could have been picked up anywhere as apparently it is airborne.
He was also due his first lot of vaccinations last week but they have been postponed for a couple of weeks as they don't like doing them when the child has not been well.

Our week away was very relaxing, we only ventured out sight seeing one day when we caught the bus to Ragusa, the rest of the time we spent by the pool reading then a walk to the Marina in the evening for something to eat.  It was just what we both needed.

It's not very often that me and Mark read the same books but we read two the same last week,
The '86 Fix and Beyond  Broadhall by Keith A Pearson.

I really enjoyed both these books, (you have to read The '86 Fix first otherwise the second book will make no sense at all)


I've been in a bit of a reading slump lately but I really enjoyed all my holiday reading.
(If you are interested in any of the titles they are all available on Amazon.)

I will leave you with some photos from our holiday to Sicily.

The beach at Marina di Ragusa



Day out to Ragusa Ibla










Public Gardens at Ragusa



Most of the time we had the pool to ourselves, the beach was very nearby so I can only assume that's where people chose to spend their time, which was ok by us :-)



 I did a fair bit of knitting while we were away, I will share that next time.

-X-

8 comments:

Barb said...

So glad to hear the little guy is better. There is nothing scarier than a sick baby! I loved the photos of your trip. One thing I love about blogging is seeing parts of the world I will most likely never get to visit!! Thanks for sharing.

Brigitte said...

Great to hear that everything is back to normal with the kids.
Wonderful pictures from your vacation.

Poppypatchwork said...

Looks a perfect place to relax.

Jo said...

I'm so pleased to hear that Arthur is on the mend, it must have been such a worry for you all. Your holiday sounds wonderfully relaxing, it's just what we need sometimes to recharge the batteries. I haven't been reading as much as usual just lately either but I'm the same, I usually get through quite a few books on holiday. I shall take a look at the ones you've just read.

Sandy said...

Your holiday looks wonderful! The flowers are so pretty and the old architecture is interesting. Newer buildings just don't have the same vib or feel in my opinion.

Glad the kids are on the mend.

Julie said...

Good to read Arthur is recovered.
Sometimes we just need to sit quiet, and enjoy doing nothing at all... not read any of these titles.

Anonymous said...

Hi Maggie so glad the children are well and love your pics ,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

Clare-Aimetu said...

Good to read the children are ok, your holiday looks lovely