Pages

Sunday 10 March 2019

The old and the new

I haven't had too much crafting time this week but I did manage to finish stitching my March ornament on Thursday night.

Heart in Hand Monthly Mania, December
Started 3rd March 2019 finished 7th March 2019


Stitching something so quickly has to be a record for me! 

Loved stitching him, I do like stitching blocks of colour, there is something soothing and satisfying in it I find.  This one will join the growing pile of 'to be fully finished' items, I'm thinking that once we get to the half way point in the year I will start to have some finishing days.  

Next weekend we are going to the Stitching show at the NEC in Birmingham and I will be on the look out for some suitable backing fabrics.

Back in 2016 I started Elizabeth, one of the 'girls' by Carriage House Samplings, I can't remember when I actually finished stitching her but it's been a while so a couple of weeks ago I took her to be framed and collected her yesterday.


Lots of blocks of colour in this one :-)


LOVE the hair!!!


There are four girls in the series, two down, two to go.  I'm just waiting for my needlework shop to get some more fabric in then I will make a start on another one.

(I must apologise for the quality of the photos on the finishes above, I couldn't get rid of the glare from the glass on Elizabeth and for some reason my phone camera is not picking up the bright colours on Santa)

 The weather has been pretty horrible all week, wet and the last two days very windy too.
But at least I've got a very nice view from my kitchen window.





I'm so glad I planted all my pots up with Tulips, they have been a very welcome sight each morning when I open the blind.

My Camellia has flowers open and lots of buds, just hope they can survive this weather



And my Hostas are coming to life too :-)


Thank you for stopping by, and for leaving a comment.
Hope you all have a great week
-X-

13 comments:

Katrina said...

Great choice for your ornament Maggie and what a lovely, cheery view you have. Have a good week xx

Jane said...

Beautiful stitching. Cross stitch is now on my 'learn to do list', like I learnt to crochet last year. Your garden looks so bright and colourful. The weather's horrid here too. It was teeming down with hailstones whilst I was driving home from work. Best, Jane :)

Julie said...

Santas a happy chap. Stunning tulips, very vibrant.
Have fun at NEC

Barb said...

Your views are so much better than mine. Our very nasty February and early March put Spring on hold. We had two mornings of snow last week. What a jolly Santa!!

butterfly said...

Love Santa and the lovely stitching you had framed .
Beautiful flowers what a joy to look at.

Poppypatchwork said...

Your garden is stunning, so much colour, this time of year is the best.

Jo said...

You've finished Santa in good time, that was a very quick finish. I love Elizabeth's hair, looking forward to seeing the next one in the series. The weather has been atrocious here too, such high winds and lots of rain, in fact, we had a few snow flurries yesterday too. Your garden looks none the worse for wear though, it's looking beautiful.

Carol said...

Wow! Love those tulips, Maggie! So, so pretty! I hope the bulbs my husband planted for me this year come up soon.

Love your cute Santa--your stitching is so perfect!

Billie said...

Pretty stitchery, and your garden is beautiful!!

Miriam said...

Nice stitching and wonderful flowers!
Miriam

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your stitching.
Your garden looks fabulous, full of Spring colour.

All the best Jan

Tammy said...

Elizabeth is gorgeous!Yes, the hair is awesome. Great work there!

Dog Lover said...

Hi Maggie from a Brummie Wench, I love to view all your craft work and your garden looks beautiful.