Pages

Tuesday 10 December 2019

10th Day of Advent - Planning for next year, or too early?

It's that time of year again when I like to have a think about what I want to do in the way of crafting in the new year.  I've already had a sort out of my charts and besides the Calendar Girls I have another three all ready to go with the fabric and threads.  

I'm not going to have any crazy starts, (I don't know if there are any running for 2020? ) but I did want to stitch some of the charts I already have and not keep buying more next year, so I've been kitting them up over the last couple of months.

One for Easter


One for Autumn


One for Christmas


Easter Parade will be my New Years Day start as I've wanted to stitch this for ages.
 The plan is not to have lots of stitching on the go all at once, so along with my monthly calendar girl this will be my only stitching until it's finished.

I still have my Carriage House Samplings Suzannah to finish so I'm going to try and give her some attention too.  That should be enough to keep me going for a while.

I've said before that during the week when I have less time it's easier for me to pick up knitting than stitching, I have a couple of things I want to knit, for myself next year, I already have the yarn, I just need to be a bit more confident in measuring and the sizing before I make a start.  I also have some knitting planned for over Christmas, but that's another post :-)

Have you started making and crafting plans for 2020, or is it too early yet?

My gorgeous Advent mini's from today -
From left to right-

From Jo
From Craft House Magic
From Lay Family Yarn


I opened a shower scrunchie from my Body Shop calendar today


I hope your Tuesday has been good

-X-

10 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the look of Easter Parade …

All the best Jan

Barb said...

I stitched the Easter one years ago. You will really enjoy it! You have some lovely suggestions!

Jackie said...

I haven't really done any project planning yet, but like you have a couple of kits I want to get done. Perhaps I will start gathering things together in a couple of weeks.

God bless.

butterfly said...

Great minds think alike , so the saying goes .
You have some nice stitching ready to go forward with.
I have stitched the Easter one and a couple of the calendar ones .

I have a plan I already have a lovely Christmas one ready to go for myself.
I need to plan for birthday gifts for next year.
I also will again finish off a couple of UFOs
I also have a new advent one for next year and my other little advent animals .
I will also leave a space for any charts I fancy stitching .
And I do like to stitch a season one . So we will see .
My trouble is if I see something i want it now ha.
Have a lovely day , so love your advents.

Jane said...

Oooh more lovely yarn goodness. It's never to early to start planning for Christmas. I'va already bought a few things in the pre Christmas sales to be put away for next Christmas! Best, Jane x

Jo said...

I haven't really planned my crafting for next year other than knowing that I'd like to get into cross stitch a bit more. I think I'd like to knit another cardigan for myself too, I'm wearing the one I knit this year now the weather's cold and it keeps me so warm.

Carol said...

Love all of your plans, Maggie! I've done Easter Parade and it is one of my favorites. I borrowed the chart from a blogging friend before it was reprinted. I'm not a planner--just stitch what hits me at the moment :)

Vickie said...

I love the charts you have shared Maggie. I have not planned anything specifically. I do want to finish things that need to be finished. I am really hopeful!!

Poppypatchwork said...

Love your planed projects, I wish my sewing mojo would return.

Miriam said...

I have seen all your posts until today and I will continue in the next days. Today I like the house with the two reindeers, that you will stitch in the new year.
Miriam