Pages

Friday 17 September 2021

Found a few crafty shops

Before I came away I did a search on line to see if there were any craft shops in Llandudno and I got three results, The Wool Shop Llandudno, Ewe Felty Thing and Crafty-Ty Wools, all were in walking distance.  Ewe Felty Thing was the nearest, a lovely shop selling various hand dyed yarns plus other commercial yarn that I had only seen other people show on podcasts, I spent a while in there and I did buy something but it might be a present so I won't show it yet.  I didn't think to take any photos inside but the woman was lovely and friendly.  There are no shops where I live that sell hand dyed yarn so this was a real treat.


Crafty-TY Wool shop is such a lovely shop, so bright, airy and modern, but cute too, It was a mother and daughter here and again they were both lovely, friendly and very helpful.





I recently decorated our smallest bedroom and have been thinking that I would like to crochet a blanket for the single bed in there, It will be a Winter project but seeing as they had all the Stylecraft colours in stock I decided to get them while I could.  Not very good photo, the light in this room is very poor.



I couldn't resist buying a couple of fluffy pompoms, they were only £2.50, they will be good for any hats I knit for Bonnie this winter.


My last purchase from there will be a Christmas present for my daughter, Joanne.  The yarn is called ReTwisted Chainy Cotton and came with a free pattern for a crochet Rustic Market Bag.  They had a sample bag made up and it's a decent size, I know she has looked a making one of these so I hope she likes the yarn colour I chose. 


The other wool shop sold loads of other crafty items as well as lots of commercial yarn.  I managed to find some buttons that I think will go well on my cardigan.

I came back to the hotel around lunchtime and did a couple of hours stitching, I might have had a cheeky nap too ;-)  I went for a walk late afternoon to the other side of the bay, I'll leave you with some of those photos.





-X-

9 comments:

Jackie said...

Ohhh, look at all the lovely squishy yarn. Lucky you to get to visit these shops.

God bless.

Poppypatchwork said...

I remember one of those shops, did not visit the others, were there any goat left in the town, through out lockdown, the town was invaded by the goats.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Wonderful photos! Llandudno is pretty good for craft shops, I've found, although I must admit it's been a couple of years or so since I've been.

kathy b said...

Maggie

I just came to your site. I thought the first photo was a painting! it is beautifu1 !

Barb said...

What a beautiful place to be visiting! Plus finding shops you like make it even better!

Jo said...

It's always good to find craft shops on your travels and even better to bring home a few souvenirs from them too. It sounds like you're having a lovely time.

Debi said...

What an inviting looking shop... I love the yarn colors that you chose for your blanket and the market bag. Our only yarn shop closed a couple of years ago. Loved the beach photos! Have a great week!

Miriam said...

Wow! I never visited a so big craft shop , I don’t have something similar in the area where I live so: thank you. I have enjoyed very much your pictures and I like the colours of the wool that you have chosen.
Miriam

Lowcarb team member said...

What an enjoyable day you had ...
Fabulous photographs of the shops and bay.

All the best Jan