Pages

Saturday 16 October 2021

Isolation, almost over

My ten day isolation is almost up, they tell you to count from the fist day you felt unwell but as I didn't feel too bad I started counting from when my positive result came back as that was the day that I thought it was a cold, which means that my last day is tomorrow.

I must admit that I've not missed going out at all, I could easily become a hermit I think, lol

Jenny and Stevie did the food shop for me last week and Mark has gone this morning, I've saved a fortune as people only bring whats on a list, and I haven't missed shopping in the least, it's not my favourite thing to do at the best of times.

I still feel very stuffy, especially when I first get up but that clears as the day goes on, my cough is still there, not too bad but from what I've read it can hang around a while.  NHS test and trace have called me every couple of days, (very nice of them, ha, ha) and apparently you only have to carry on isolating after the ten days if you are sneezing, have a runny nose or diarrhea, I have none of these so normal life for me can resume from Monday.  Although, I still plan on wearing a mask when I'm around mum and at Jenny's when I pick Oliver up, just to be on the safe side.

It's been like having a bad cold, I did have a funny head a few day's, not a headache more like a vertigo feeling, paracetamol usually took that off .  I started to paint the kitchen just before all this happened and I've managed to finish that by doing a bit each day so you can tell that I got it mild, thank goodness.  I didn't loose my sense of taste or smell until last weekend, It was Sunday when I noticed it.  It really is the weirdest thing, I can't smell anything at all and all food tastes the same, it is really peculiar.

The girls sent me a couple of care packages.  I love Tea Pigs tea so will be saving that until my taste and smell return.  I haven't started the book yet but it sounds good, I let you know.


And this one arrived this week, I'm going to save the bath salts, bath melts and hand gel until I can smell, it would be a waste not to smell them wouldn't it!



Other than slowly painting the kitchen I've been filling my time knitting on my cardigan, (almost finished) and watching The Handmaids Tale on Amazon Prime.  I didn't watch this when it was on TV, I somehow didn't think it would be my thing, but I am enjoying binge watching now.

The weather has been lovely for a few days and after Mark came back from the supermarket this morning we've spent a couple of hours tidying the garden up, lots of things to cut back and leaves to get up, the green bin is full, I think we perhaps have one more collection before they stop for this year so wanted to make the most of that.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend

-X-

8 comments:

Barb said...

I am so glad to hear that you are doing well. I didn't mind staying home either. I never had covid but last winter we were pretty restricted. I would also save all those wonderful goodies until I could taste and smell!

Poppypatchwork said...

Glad you are feeling not to bad, I too could be a hermit, it's so easy these days with everything being delivered.

Lowcarb team member said...

Pleased to read that you have not been feeling too bad.
I do hope your sense of taste and smell come back soon so that you can enjoy those goodies.

Take care.

All the best Jan

butterfly said...

Good to hear you are feeling Ok .
Those 10 days went by so quick .
There is always so much to fill your time at home .
Enjoy your week.

Jo said...

I'm glad you're on the mend and that you haven't felt too bad. It wouldn't bother me having to stay at home either, especially with such thoughtful care packages arriving, what wonderful gifts. You'll be able to pamper yourself when you're feeling up to it. I think The handmaid's Tale has gone off the boil a bit. I really enjoyed the first couple of series but it seems they're just stringing it out now, it should have ended a series or two ago.

Jackie said...

Great to hear that you weren't feeling too bad. Our oldest son was the same.

I have discovered that being a hermit isn't really that bad.

God bless.

Carol said...

It sounds like you are well on the mend, Maggie--I'm so relieved for you. You just never know what course this stupid Covid will take! I hope you get your taste and smell back soon. My oldest son hasn't had his since July (when we are positive he had Covid even though the rapid test came back negative). He says it's just now beginning to return!

You are lucky you enjoy staying home as it's been much easier to isolate, I imagine. Like you, I could easily be a hermit--in fact Covid has made me even less likely to leave the house than ever. I really need to re-enter the world again--ha ha! Hope your other family members continue to pamper you a bit longer ;-)

ElizabethP said...

I just discovered your blog and am so sorry to hear you came down with Covid! I am very happy though that you seem to have gotten a mild dose of it and are quickly recovering. I am enjoying your blog immensely and just wanted to pop in to say hello. Looking forward to getting caught up on your older posts and awaiting your next post. Hugs for now from a new cross stitching friend from across the pond...💖🤗🙂