Pages

Friday 23 December 2022

December 23rd A magical walk

It was Jacob's 3rd birthday on Wednesday, Joanne had booked tickets months ago to the Enchanted Garden walk at Webbs garden centre.  At the time I said I would go with them I wasn't expecting much of a show, sometimes these light shows are a bit of a disappointment.  Not so this one, it was truly magical, I think I enjoyed it as much as Bonnie and Jacob.

The theme was fairy tales with wonderful scenes created along the walk, here are just a few of them









The walk through the enchanted forest was amazing, they had managed to create a great atmosphere with the sounds of birds and animals and the trees all looked frosted, I took the photo of the trees looking up and you can see the effect the light has on them, so beautiful.


There were beautiful light displays all the way along.






Santa was there at the end, waving and talking to the children, when he found out it was Jacobs birthday he got the crowd to sing Happy Birthday to him which was lovely.


Today I have been trying to get the last few things wrapped and the stockings filled, I'm happy to say that everything is now prepared, the spare bedroom resembles Santa' grotto at the moment, with four grandchildren you can just imagine it can't you, lol

I found some time while I was cooking tea to make the some gingerbread granola, I made it for my daughters last year, and It went down really and they, (and my one son in law) have been dropping hints about getting it this year.  I've made loads so hopefully I may get to taste it this time.


The recipe was in this Sainsburys magazine from 2021, although if you know how to make granola the only other thing to add is the rind and two tablespoons of the juice of one orange and two tablespoons of black treacle.  
Homemade granola is so much better than shop bought and it's just so easy, I first tried making it while we were in lockdown and it's not very often I don't have a jar of it in the cupboard.


I've got one more thing I want to make but that depends if Mark can find some soft brown sugar tomorrow, I went to two shops today and neither had it.  Fingers crossed because I would really like to make this, it's a favourite of mine and the girls.

-X-

8 comments:

Lee said...

I always enjoy your blog and I just love the robin at the top, it’s always a special moment as he appears as your blog opens up. Have a very blessed Christmas

Gill - That British Woman said...

Loved the lights, especially the toadstool ones! I have never made granola, should give it a go.

Jo said...

That looks so magical for children and adults alike. It's sometimes better to go to these things with no expectations and then you can't be disappointed, they can be a bit hit and miss, but it's brilliant when you find a good one. I'm sure Bonnie and Jacob loved it, and how did Jacob get to 3 already? These years are flying by.

Poppypatchwork said...

That looks a wonderful walk, so magical for everyone, we have not done a light walk, must try harder to find one local next year. Your granola with ginger sounds great, I can't eat it because I can't eat nuts, but hubby loves it and loves ginger, is there anywhere I can find the recipe ?

butterfly said...

Wow what lovely lights , I never found any thing like this when I lived there .
You always find some beautiful places .
Happy to you all hugs June .

Lowcarb team member said...

Wonderful photographs what a magical walk that must have been.
Belated good wishes for Jacobs birthday.

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas.

All the best Jan

meandmysmallcorner said...

What a wonderful magical walk with the children. It looks stunning.
Have a great Christmas x

Notes From The Frugal Trenches said...

What a lovely winter walk! Also, I agree about homemade granola. You've reminded me to put it on the menu this week!