Pages

Sunday 22 September 2024

This week.......

 I finished my September Autumn inspired socks.

Yarn is Pumpkin Spiced Latte from Blue Fern Yarn


Worked on another Trescao jumper

Almost finished the body so it shouldn't take too long

Yarn is James C Brett Shhhhhh.  Colour number Sh11


 Met up with some like-minded people for a stitching afternoon.

It was lovely meeting and chatting to those I've know for a while and also meeting some new people this time, hopefully the will become regulars too at our meet-ups


I worked on Mary Margaret by Carriage House Samplings while I was there


Lots of baking happened.

The Scouts where my daughter, Joanne volunteers held a charity coffee morning on Saturday, she asked If I would make some cakes for them.  There were other cake-makers too of course and they did really well raising £115 for the charity.  


While I was in a baking mood I also made a tea loaf for us, It was good and voted a winner by Mark, whose not a cake person. 


Had a bash at making bread

It came out pretty good but not sure bread-making will be a regular thing because it's not something we eat a lot of, I just had a craving for marmalade on toast


And I enjoyed walking in the glorious Autumn sunshine


Today is the official start of Autumn and the weather next week is set to be very wet, we have had a good run of sunny dry weather lately though so shouldn't complain.

Enjoy your week

-X-

2 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

The cakes you made look delicious, so too does your tea loaf.

Wonderful photographs of your Autumn walks, I do like the squirrel :)

Have a good week ahead, although the weather forecast is for rain! Oh dear!

All the best Jan

Sandy said...

The knitting is wonderful. I always love the socks.
I really need to step out there and try a stitching group. There is one that meets once a month in the neighboring town. Maybe one of these days I will step out and try it.
I don’t need anymore rain for a while, but that isn’t how it works😊