Pages

Tuesday 7 April 2015

A Lovely Easter

Well the Hen Party date rolled round pretty quickly, you think you have ages to get something done then wham! you're there!!

Friday night was the Greek meal night, all but one person turned up so that was a relief.
With Stevie's help I managed to get all the part bags sorted, I put her in charge of decorating them while I finished off the brooches, which, if I do say so myself turned out ok :-)


They ended up taking far longer than I expected, and I was so glad when they were finished and the bags were filled.


It was a typical Greek night, the food was fantastic and there was dancing and plate smashing thrown in too, the restaurant is only small and has a really nice atmosphere, the staff get everyone up and dancing and joining in so that it becomes like one big party.



Saturday morning we had to be up bright and early to get the train to London.
The trip wasn't without it's dramas, Joanne is our drama queen, always has been and we really didn't expect to go the whole weekend without one, thankfully she got it out of the way on Saturday evening so that we could enjoy our afternoon tea at the Savoy :-)





Finger sandwiches for the first course, scones with jam and cream second course, plates were re-filled as soon as they were empty, as was your tea cup :-)


There was a choice of afternoon tea or high tea.
Jenny and Joanne opted for afternoon tea so the third course consisted of a selection of French pastries


 Me and Stevie had the high tea, so our third course was brioche with salmon and egg, OM Goodness it was so lovely!!


 The final course was yet more cake, this time a choice of one of their signature cakes, I had rum & raisin and the girls had carrot cake, again both cakes were to die for.

We had to go in the M&M shop of course!


This bus made me feel old, I remember going to school on a bus just like this, lol


And the most beautiful bridge in the world, (well I think so).



I love everything about London, every time I go I am always amazed.
The old blending with the new


We walked from the Savoy all the way to Saint Paul's passing St Brides in Fleet Street on the way, did you know that this building was the inspiration for the tiered wedding cake?


The blue chicken in Leicester Square has been replace by a dinosaur.


HMS Belfast.

Old and new again

We walked so much this weekend but it was worth the aching legs :-)

Easter Monday was a beautiful day, the warmest this year so far, t shirt weather :-)
and the garden is finally showing signs of life, this is the first time we have seen the garden at this time of year and I'm pleased to see so much yellow.



And lots of purple too, this is sprouting up all over.


Some things are almost in flower



And some things are well on their way



The prickly one I almost dug up because I don't like where it is has the most beautiful and unusual flower


A little closer, they look like sprouts, lol


 I treated myself to this miniature rose last week, I like to have flowers in my bedroom and I thought this was a perfect alternative to keep buying fresh flowers, I think once it's finished flowering I will be able to put it in the garden too


The flower head is beautiful, and I do prefer this or yellow roses to the more traditional red.

As the weather was so good on Monday we had a little Easter egg hunt in the garden for Oliver


He had fun looking for the little bunnies I had hidden around the garden, and once he discovered that where there was a bunny there was also a chocolate egg there was no stopping him, lol




I hope the weather has been kind to you too and you have had a blessed Easter.

Until next time

-X-

11 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a fabulous time :-) I love your flowers, so glad the party went well. London is one of our favourite places too. Your new garden looks lovely, I wonder what other surprises will bloom :-)

butterfly said...

What a lovely post , looks like you all had a great time.
Your garden looks Wonderful, hugs.

Carolien said...

Hello Maggie,

Glad to read and see you had a wonderful time together. Mmmm, want to go to London right now ;)
Your garden is lovely, enjoy Springtime!

Bye, Carolien

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

What a great trip to London. One of the things I love about London is that it is terrific for walking around. Your crochet flowers looked great. Our garden is beginning to get some colour now too. Your garden looks really good.

Gill - That British Woman said...

what a super post, lots of different things happening to you. LOVE, LOVE the party favours, so pretty. The photos from London, just super. The photos of your garden just great and the little one looking for Easter eggs, perfect.

Vickie said...

Oh I love this post. Thank you for sharing your great pictures. Places I have never been. So wonderful! Your garden is lovely.

Julie said...

What a wonderful weekend, and what a lot of lovely goodies on the cake stands ....yummy yum yum!

Your girls look lovely.

Super established plants you've got, the camellia looks so healthy with all its pink blooms.

Awww bless Oliver, what a sweetie he looks in his Easter hat ... were you looking in the bucket to test one his little choocie eggs?? lol.

xxxx

StitchinByTheLake said...

Beautiful photos! blessings, marlene

Melanie said...

Gah! I love those brooches!! The design AND the colors you used. They are darling.

I had no idea what the difference was between afternoon and high tea so thanks for that. I think I'm an afternoon tea person. The whole trip looked fabulous and lots of fun. :)

If I don't ever manage to go to London I will be very sad.

Melissa said...

What a lovely post! It was great to see all those photos of London - Tea at the Savoy!!! What a great 'trip' that must've been.

Glad you had a great Easter weekend. The flowers are blooming nicely in your garden!

Carol said...

I so enjoyed this post, Maggie! What a great visit to London. I've never been, but my youngest son will be studying for a week at the London School of Economics this summer. How I wish I could go with him :)

Looks like Spring has sprung in your part of the world--enjoy!