Pages

Friday 17 April 2015

Stitching, Knitting, Crochet, Garden & Cats, Phew!

DH has been at home all week, his latest job, a holiday park is finished and there is nothing starting again just yet.   Me, I've been at work in the mornings leaving him having a lie-in.  I think his days have consisted of a walk to the shop to get the paper, tea and toast, reading the paper, more tea and generally waiting for me to come back home at lunch time, lol

I must admit that I'm ready for some alone time, having him around home all the time is not what I'm used too.

The weather has been glorious and we have tried to make the most of it by getting in the garden.  We bought a new patio set, so hopefully the weather will hold out long enough for us to sit out and enjoy it.


We made a trip to the garden centre and bought a couple of new plants for tubs and came across a tiered planter on sale so that came home with us to.




And Mark cleaned the shed out, got rid of all the junk we had accumulated in the short time that we've been here and gave it a spruce up, and of course I had to 'pretty it up' by hanging some bunting :-)



We have plans to get rid of this shed next year, we have been looking at summer houses but need to get inside the house finished first.

This is looking from Stevie's bedroom window.
Please excuse the green garden bin, I really should find
somewhere else to hide it.


It hasn't been a week for starting new projects, but I did finish the last of the PS Redwork Santa's last Sunday....Yayyyy, three are already made up, all I have to do now is make the last three up.  It could be a while before that particular miracle takes place ;)


I finally finished the granny stripe blanket which I had abandoned in favour of something new.  I'm pleased with how this one came out.



The cable blanket I was knitting for a work colleague has been finished and gifted, she seemed happy with it :-)
(excuse the crappy photo, it was still being blocked here)


And something new I started a month or so ago but had forgotten to share.
A blanket for Autumn.  I know, I know, we haven't even had summer yet, but I'm thinking It may just be finished in time for Autumn  if I started early enough :-)


The lovely weather has bought more life to the garden, I'm really enjoying seeing all the different plants and shrubs coming to life.  I've been having difficulty settling into this house to tell the truth, I know I will feel better when we have put more of our stamp on it, but for now the garden is making me feel better :-)

The Pieris has really come to life



The Camelia is flowering lovely



Hostas, Mark hates these plants, I love them, if you have been reading my blog a while you will know I have 2 giant tubs of these and I LOVE them.
(Unfortunately so do the slugs and snails)



Millie, wondering if she can climb that tree :-)


Molly, who has no interest what so ever in anything
as energetic as climbing trees :-)


Well that's my weekly round up, there is a nice glass of wine with my name on it so I'm going to put my feet up.

Until next time
-X-

11 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

love your finishes. You have a beautiful garden as well. Great photos, I like hosta's also.

Vickie said...

Oh my! Your blankets are fantastic!
I am with Molly. ;)

Sarah in Stitches said...

Ooh, your garden looks gorgeous! Great stitching and crochet, too. Hope you're enjoying the weather! :D

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely stitching and crochet finishes. I agree with Mark about Hostas - I'm not too keen on them either :) .
Your garden looks welcoming.

Maggee said...

Your blankets are gorgeous! What stitch or pattern is the autumn one? I have been thinking of learning to crochet more... I only know one stitch (broomstick lace), but have seen so many pretty things crocheted of late! My husband and I have been home together for the first time ever (?) these past 7 months and I know EXACTLY what you mean! He just got back from a little outing today, just for some space... tho I've been sitting here reading blogs for hours now! Ha!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great crafting Maggie. Your new garden looks great, love the bunting :-)

KC'sCourt! said...

Gorgeous blankets. I love Hostas too, to keep the slugs from pots I buy copper tape from the garden centre, it is sticky so I just wrap it round the pots.

Julie said...

Your bunting on the shed looks great - gotta to have a bit of fun stuff in the garden.
Your garden is blooming lovely, lots of nice shrubs and mature too.
Hostas are not my favourite if you sprinkle sand on to the soil at the top the slugs/snails cant wander over that.
Beautiful blankets, love the look of the autumn one, great planning to get it done ready to use this autumn.
love and {hugs}

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a beautiful garden! And I love the idea of putting a bunting up on your garden shed - I need to do that too! blessings, marlene

Von said...

Such a lovely garden, Maggie! It's a lot of work but so worth every ache. :D

Melanie said...

Love the new patio set - it's a fantastic color. EVERYTHING looks nice and colorful!

I wish things were that green in my area! It's starting to feel like we're not going to have a spring at all. I have to live vicariously through all of you posting nice pics.

(I love hostas because you can't kill them and they come back on their own every year. Win/win!)