Pages

Tuesday 21 July 2015

post op day 1

Thank you all so much for your good luck wishes for yesterday.
Everything went ok, we arrived at 8am and I was in theatre at 9am and had come round from the anaesthetic at 9.15 , so it was a quick procedure 😁
Very impressed with the attention I was given and I was served me a lovely lunch before I went home.

When the strong pain killer they had given me had worn off it was, and still is rather sore, feels a bit like cramp and a heavy feeling at the back of my knee.  Hopefully this will get better as the days go on.  
I've got crutches to get around on but can manage the 
stairs without them, which is a blessing because I'm not very gain on the stairs lol.
 Good news is I have no pain in my ankle😀 so fingers crossed I won't shuffle across the floor like an old woman in the mornings like I have been doing for the last couple years, and this discomfort will be worth it.

Not so good are the attractive stockings I have to wear for 2 weeks😕

k
The bandage can come off tomorrow and a I'm to wear a stocking on that leg too. (Dh asked if the stocking were available in black!!! Lol)

I've occupied myself with knitting today, tomorrow ill take some photos to share.

-X-


9 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

glad things went fine for you. That lunch looks rather good for a hospital.

Barb said...

Glad to hear you did well! Can you believe I had to wear those lovely stockings for 6 weeks after my knee replacement! Thank goodness it was not in the summer. I never got a lunch like that in the hospital!

butterfly said...


So happy every thing went well, you will soon have your dancing shoes on .
Enjoy your time knitting hugs.

Hazel said...

Glad everything went well. Keep your chin up. Xx

Vickie said...

Good for you remaining so positive! You can do this. :)

Julie said...

Your food tray definitely does not look like hospital food!
Get well wishes xxx

Maggee said...

Good to hear it went well... Rest LOTS!

Carolien said...

Hi Maggie,

I hope it will heal soon and yes, black stockings would be nice ;)
Take care & Dutch waves across the pond,

Carolien

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Glad to read that things went well.