Pages

Sunday 5 July 2015

Sunday catching up

Last week we had some record breaking temperatures here in the UK.  Monday & Tuesday were particularly hot, Monday was the hottest July day ever recorded!  We don't get very many days like that here, and I think I am thankful for that, it was just too much.  Of course that sort of weather also brings thunder storms, and we have had a couple of good ones, Friday night/Saturday morning was a really good one, right overhead for sometime.  I love a good storm, don't you?

So, while we have been breaking heat records I have been getting ready for when the weather turns, by knitting up a scarf :-)


I used James C Brett Chunky with Merino, the pattern is a Patons freebie I found on-line. 

I love how it turned out :-)

Something that I forgot to share last time was this...

My new car :-)

I've had it since June 15th and I absolutely LOVE it.  Its a Citroen DS3, in case you are wondering, and it a dream to drive :-)

That's all for now, I'm off to catch a bit of TV time.

Until next time
-X-

8 comments:

Blu said...

That scarf looks so great! Congrats on the new car :)

Barb said...

Seattle and England are having the same heat issues. We have broken several records with no real end in sight!! Great new car!

Gill - That British Woman said...

love the car, looks similar to mine except mine is a Ford Fiesta.....

Heard you had, had some hot weather. Going to be hot and humid hear this week.

Julie said...

I love the shape of the new DS3, out of my budget though!!
Great scarf, what a lovely pattern, the pom poms finish it off so beautifully.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Congrats on the new car! The scarf looks beautiful, great job :D

Maggee said...

I think the weather patterns have changed all over the world, and it is NOT good! More extremes, from one end to the other! Ugh! What a really nice scarf you made... the pom poms are perfect on the ends! Hugs!

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

It has been so hot hasn't it! Your scarf looks very cosy, pretty colour xx

blue star stitcher said...

It's that hot where I live every day, but I do enjoy the sunshine. I love the color of your new scarf, that is one craft I have yet to pick up.