Pages

Monday 23 January 2017

First Christmas ornament of 2017, (only 11 more to go)

I'm doing a Christmas ornament SAL with a few friends on Facebook this year, the first suggested theme was 'snowman'.   I sorted my chart, threads and fabric out over Christmas and started stitching on January 1st and finished it quite quickly but put off making it up until last week.

I don't really enjoy the process of making up and since I don't think I made any ornaments up last year i'm out of practice, but he came out ok in the end.


Lizzie Kate Snowman #10

When I went to the Needlecraft Haven meet up back in November this chart was amongst some that the ladies had bought along to either swap or give away.  I think this one belonged to either Justine or Julie? not sure, but as it was gifted to me I would like to pass it on.

If you are interested then please say so in the comments and I will do a draw next Monday.

I don't mind where in the world you live but please don't enter if you don't really want it.  
When I offered the Mollie Makes issue up for free on my blog a while ago the person who wanted it never answered my email, 
(that MM issue has now gone to someone in my book club, I think I waited a reasonable time for her to respond).


My Amaryllis is growing, Yayyyy.

Last year I had a dud bulb.  No stem, nothing, so I threw it away.

But this year I have 2 stems :-)


I love marking the progress of these plants, they grow so quickly once they start.
I went for a white one this time, this is how it should look.


That's it for now I think, Oh, I did finish stitching Elizabeth (Carriage House Samplings), but I haven't taken any photos of her yet, I only finished on Friday, so that's something for next time. 

Until then
-X-

19 comments:

Lumiruusu said...

The Snowmen Ornament is beautifully stitched and finished..I love Amaryllis and the white color is my favorite !

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

What a gorgeous little ornament, so cute. Your Amaryllis is going to be spectacular, beautiful pure white xx

Christina said...

The snowman finish is lovely! I won't enter your draw, thank you, as I already have the chart in my stash! We used to have an amarylis - some years it bloomed 2 or 3 times!

Carolien said...

Such a lovely finish!

Vickie said...

What a cutie!

Mac n' Janet said...

The snowman is so cute, I would love to make him. I don't think I've ever grown a white Amaryllis, mine are always red.

Jo said...

That's so lovely. My sewing skills are next to useless so I wouldn't even know how to go about making it up in to an ornament, you've done a great job. I haven't grown any bulbs at all this year, I'm regretting it as I'm seeing other people's on their blogs. Your amaryllis will be very pretty, I've never grown a white one before.

Rhona said...

Your ornament is gorgeous! What a lovely finish. Please don't enter my name in your giveaway as I have so many things on my to-stitch list and I know I wouldn't be able to get round to stitching this for a while.

Angela said...

Such a cute finish! Please don't put my name in the giveaway I am not able to stitch right now.

Justine said...

I love how you've finished this! Yes the chart was mine, I stitched all the design but sadly haven't finished it into an ornament. What a sweet idea to pass it on!

Unknown said...

Your finished ornament is beautiful, you can't beat a snowman ornament. Your amaryllis is looking good and what a bonus to have two stems coming up.

Penny said...

What a cute snowman and I love the way you finished your ornament! Your amaryllis is going to be beautiful when they bloom. I gave my sister some bulbs for Christmas, and I'm kind of sad I didn't get any for myself. So I hope you will share pictures of yours in bloom. : )

Barb said...

That is one cute ornament. But I am deep into the LHN's abc houses so I will not put my name in the ring. Love that flower, Can't wait to see it's blooms. I love white flowers.

Julie said...

Nice design for your first ornament of the year and great finishing.

Miriam said...

Ohhh...what a pity! I didn' t read that post! Surely I couldn't understand the symbols to crochet, as I am Italian, but I like to read English magazines..
Ciao,
Miriam

Carol said...

What a cutie your little snowman ornament is, Maggie :) I look forward to seeing the rest of your ornament finishes this year!

Sally said...

I love how you've finished your snowman Maggie. It is so sweet.

Please don't enter me into your drawing as I already the chart :)

Desiree Ehleiter said...

That is a wonderful ornament to start the year with -- and a beautiful finish!!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

That's one Christmas ornament more than me, Maggie. A lovely finish. A white amaryllis will be lovely in bloom.