Pages

Thursday 16 February 2017

Valentine swaps

Time for the Valentine swaps reveal I mentioned last time, I took part in two Valentine swaps this time.

The first one was for members of the Needlecraft Haven forum, this involved sending a pair of socks with the theme of  hearts, flowers or pink and also a couple of skeins of matching threads to your partner. 

This is what I sent to my partner, Dusty.
As the socks I chose came in a pack of 3 that's what I sent, along with the threads and a little chocolate treat :-)


And here are the lovely socks and threads that I received from Barb.


I've already road tested a pair :-)


Next was the Send a Little Love exchange organised by Tracy who blogs at Mad About Bags.

The brief was to send 5 things, Something heart shaped, something handmade, some crafty notions, something red and somethings delicious to eat.

My swap partner was Lyn.
Lyn doesn't have a blog but she does post on IG and we bounced a few emails back and forth before the exchange, and I found it very funny that she has a dog called Maggie, lol.

This is what I sent to Lyn all the way over in Australia.

And here is what Lyn sent to me.
Two successful exchanges I think :-)

I'm still not feeling 100% and haven't really done a lot of anything this week apart from have early nights.  My Niece is getting married on Saturday so we have a wedding to go to, does it sound really awful of me to say that I'm not really looking forward to it?

I'm not really a party person, well neither of us are and I know we will be looking at each other after a few hours to see if the other is ready to make an exit, lol

I'll let you know next time how long we lasted!

Until then
-X-

12 comments:

Barb said...

Great exchanges. I love both the socks you sent and the ones that you received! I hope the wedding turns out to be more fun than you expect. Sometimes those "must do" things are a bit of a pain.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely socks both sent and received :) and what a lovely collection of 'love' in Send a little Love exchange. Hope you feel better soon, enjoy the wedding :-)

Jo said...

Oh, you sound just like me. I always dread any sort of party, though I often enjoy it once I'm there so I do hope you enjoy your niece's wedding. The swap gifts are lovely, you were all thoroughly spoilt and I like the idea of the sock swap.

Justine said...

Two very successful swaps! I really enjoyed the Valentine's sock exchange and seeing what everyone chose.
Just let your hair down at the wedding, you never know you might enjoy it!

Vickie said...

Such cute and varied exchanges. How sweet and fun!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Love the items that you sent and received in your Valentine exchanges. I hope you are now feeling better and more in the mood for attending a wedding.

Christina said...

What gorgeous gifts. ❤️ I do like a pair of new socks. What a great idea to send matching thread. I hooe you enjoy the wedding. Did you stich, crochet or knit a gift for the happy couple?

Christina said...

I must remember to proofread before pressing send...*hope *stitch

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely exchanges! Enjoy your goodies :D

Julie said...

Two great exchanges, nice goodies.

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

2 lovely swaps, pretty socks and so many things in the valentine swaps xx

Carol said...

Such pretty gifts both sent and received, Maggie! I hope you do end up enjoying the wedding. I'm not a party person either and get quite nervous in large groups. My son is getting married this fall and I'm already fretting over it :)