Pages

Sunday 11 March 2018

A quick Sunday catch up

It was Mother's Day here in the UK today.  

The girls treated me and Mark to breakfast this morning at a local restaurant, it made a lovely change to our usual Sunday morning.

They all came back to ours afterwards for a cuppa and to give me cards 



Yes there are 5 cards, no, I don't have 5 children only 3, lol, but I always get a card and a little something from Oliver, and this year Bonnie too, just to say thank you Nanny.

 Oliver gave me the little plant and a lovely new mug, and Bonnie gave me the duck, 
(whose name is Wendy), aren't they cute!


I opened my cards and the two presents and went into the kitchen to put the kettle on,
and look what I saw in the garden


Oh - my - goodness!! the girls had bought me a bird table, eeek!!

I have wanted one of these for ages, and now I have one, lol

Once me and Mark had set off for the restaurant for breakfast this morning they whizzed round to our house and left it in the garden before coming to join us so that it would be a surprise when we got back :-)  

I tell you, I was close to tears when I saw it, only last evening I had said to Mark that I wanted a covered bird table not knowing that my lovely girls had already bought me one :-) :-)

I am so very lucky.

Tomorrow I'm going on a little holiday to Great Yarmouth with Joanne and Bonnie.

Joanne is having her sitting room and dining room decorated and new flooring laid next week and didn't want to be at home with Bonnie in all the mess so we booked this little holiday.

Neither of us have ever been to Great Yarmouth so we are looking forward to seeing a new part of the country, we can't expect the weather to be brilliant but as long as the rain holds off we won't mind, it will be a lovely change of scenery.

Next Saturday we are going to the Sewing for Pleasure show at the NEC in Birmingham and then on the Sunday we are throwing a little Sprinkle Shower for Jenny, (apparently when it's your second baby you don't throw a Baby Shower you have a Sprinkle), because you don't need to be showered with baby gifts as you already have most of what you need.

I didn't know this, did you?  I'd never heard of having a Baby Shower until a few years ago, no such things in my day, lol.

I hope you have had a fantastic Mother's day and have been as thoroughly spoilt as I have :-)

Have a great week, see you soon

-X-

19 comments:

Barb said...

Happy UK Mother's Day. Your family was very thoughtful. Have wonderful get-away!

Cindy's Stitching said...

So pretty. Love the bird table

Carol said...

Looks like a delightful Mother's Day, Maggie! Beautiful gifts and cards from your children and grandchildren :) No, I have never heard of a sprinkle shower! Here, it is not common to have a shower for a mother except for her first baby.

Hope this coming week finds you spotting lots of lovely bird visitors at your new bird table :)

KC'sCourt! said...

Your bird table us wonderful. Love the bird table. Have a lovely time in Great Yarmouth

Julie xxxxxxxx

Poppypatchwork said...

Your birds are dining in style, enjoy your break, it's years since we were there. Take pic's so we can see how much it has changed.

Jo said...

Wow, what fabulous gifts. I love those ducks, I've got one in each of the three different sizes, all with different coloured wellies. I've never heard of a sprinkle shower and like you, had my babies before there were such things as baby showers. Oh dear, it's pouring with rain here today so I hope the weather is better in Great Yarmouth, though it's good to have a break away from it all anyway so I'm sure you'll have a lovely time whatever the weather.

Carolien said...

Hello Maggie,

What a nice day, full of surprises, great!
Enjoy your little holiday!

Vickie said...

What a lovely surprise!! That is such a sweet duck. Enjoy your getaway.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The bird table was a terrific surprise. Enjoy your break in Great Yarmouth.

Miriam said...

Happy Mother’s Day. It will be in May here in Italy. I love very that you have and exchange cards for everything the re in England.
Ciao,
Miriam

Justine said...

What lovely cards and gifts Maggie, so thoughtful. I'm going to the NEC on Saturday too! I'll look out for you.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful surprise to have a new bird house installed while you were out eating. Enjoy your holiday break. I've heard of the baby shower but not the sprinkle - we learn something new every day.

Clare-Aimetu said...

What lovely gifts, especially your bird table. We've always given to the grandparents on Mother's/Father's Day too. Enjoy your holiday.

Julie said...

Great gift the bird table is, nice surprise.
Have a lovely time away.
I've never heard of a sprinkle shower either .. that's a new one to me.

Theresa williams said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Theresa williams said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cocoya said...

Your bird table us wonderful. Love the bird table. Have a lovely time in Great Yarmouth

Genting Crown
Gclub