Pages

Sunday 6 January 2019

New Year Stitching

At some point in January I want to a post about all the things I've carried over from 2018 but I need time to get them together, take photos ect so today is all about the new starts.

A small group of us on Facebook are doing an ornament SAL.  We started out with good intentions last year to stitch a Christmas ornament a month, well that didn't turn out too well, but undeterred we are setting out yet again to attempt to stitch twelve ornaments in 2019, some are alternating between Christmas and Halloween some will stitch just Christmas, we will be sharing our finishes on the last Sunday in the Month, although mine will more than likely not be fully finished as it's such a pain to get all the finishing paraphernalia out for just one thing.

January ornament
LHN "Gingerbread Cookie"


My new start on New Years Day was "Good Tidings" by The Drawn Thread


I'ts been a while since I've stitched anything using just one strand of thread but I do love the way it's looking.

This coming week I will be alternating between these two pieces with perhaps a little bit of scarf knitting when the light becomes to poor to stitch by.

I hope 2019 got off to a good start for you, it was back to work for us on Wednesday and it was nice to get back some routine to the days, I like routine, I function better with routine, plus I always start the new year with a new 'back to work wardrobe' so I get to start wearing all my new clothes, of which I got quite a lot this time, all in the sales I hasten to add.  I don't really go in for sales but I chose shops where I could buy good quality clothes at more or less half their original prices and that will last more than just this year, a lot of the time I bought on line, so no trekking around shopping centres winner all round!  

I hope you all have a good week whatever you are doing

See you soon
-X-

12 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

I prefer to buy quality clothes and like you in the sales.

Helen said...

Lovely projects! An SAL sounds like a great motivation for the new year :) I also got a few items of clothing in the sales - I was going to try and not buy any clothes this year but I don't know if I have the will power!

MartinaM said...

Very nice new projects,
Greetings, Martina

Jo said...

Lovely projects. I haven't started anything new yet this year but a pair of socks for Eleanor will be on the needles soon. The only thing I've carried over from last year to this is the cardigan that I'm knitting for myself, apart from blankets which are long term projects. I hate sale shopping, it's like pushing your way into a jumble sale with elbows flying everywhere, shopping online sounds much more my thing. Enjoy all those new clothes.

Jane said...

I too am a creature of routine. Even simple things that are different can upset my equilibrium and cause my anxiety to flare up. I've just finished crocheting a small blanket for my sister-in-law at the end of the year ( still to post about it ) and am now working on lap rug size ones for our armchairs in the dining room ( we enjoy spending time sitting in there listening to music and looking out into the garden ) so a few things to keep me occupied between work shifts. No sales shopping this year, we don't need anything at the moment. Best, Jane x

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great stitching, good luck with your SAL

Carol said...

These are both lovely pieces, Maggie! I am about 1/3 of the way done with the DT piece, myself--need to get back to it... I think you are so right about routine. Ever since I retired in 2016, I have no routine and find myself wasting way too much time! I don't seem to be stitching any more than I ever did, so what am I doing? I really do hope to develop some sort of schedule for myself this year!

Barb said...

Good luck with your ornament goal. We are happy to be back to normal too. Even though we are retired, we do have a "normal". With both the holidays at the beginning of the week, I never knew what day it was!!

Julie said...

Two nice new starts.
Hope you achieve the 12 ornaments by the end of the year.
I only carried over one stitching WIP this year.

butterfly said...


Love your two new starts , it's good to goal set , even if you don't hit them you made a start and your on the right road .
Hope you have a lovely week , it's already dark here at 4.15 .
Thankyou for your lovely comments on my blog hugs.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your projects are lovely.
I do agree, after the Christmas Holidays it's always nice to get back into routine.

All the best Jan

Miriam said...

I like your new cross stitch pattern too.
Happy new year,
Miriam