Pages

Thursday 21 May 2020

Over the field, not far away, it's looking very yellow today

I had a busy day in the garden all day yesterday so today has been a lazy day, sitting in the garden enjoying the results of yesterday's hard work, the lovely sunshine, stitching and listening to my audio book.  It's been a scorcher today and I wasn't going to go for a walk but I talked myself around to it late afternoon.


Standing in this field, to the right is the view of the rapeseed field, in front of me, in the dip, are hundreds and hundreds of buttercups


The rapeseed in the distance


 Beautiful buttercups.



Starlings gathering and making such a racket



I have some buttercups growing at the top of my garden, I know they are technically a weed, but they are so cheerful, I couldn't bring myself to pull them out.


I see this little white flower along the hedgerows a lot, does anyone know what it is?


A perfect dandelion puff, another unwelcome weed in the garden but so pretty to look at


I took the longer route back down the lane and past the rapeseed field



I recorded over 9,000 steps in the end, not bad considering I wasn't going on a walk today.

Take care
-X-

8 comments:

Barb said...

Good for you! That's as good amount of steps. What pretty views! We are cold and damp so I enjoyed your pictures!

butterfly said...

Well done Maggie .
Great photos .

Poppypatchwork said...

it's so easy to walk further these days, the weather and the emerging crops and wild flowers are so beautiful.

Jo said...

I was promising myself a walk all day but I just couldn't muster the energy in the heat, even when it got to evening it was still so oppressive. The rapeseed fields are so pretty but they spell agony for hayfever sufferers. I used to suffer terribly as a child but I grew out of it somewhat after having children but I've had a few bouts this year already, I'm not surprised given the beautiful spring we've had. I think your little white flower may be greater stitchwort.

Miriam said...

Wow...thank you! I consider them a little gift to me Italian “girl “ in love with England and the English Countryside <3
Miriam

Vickie said...

What a beautiful long walk Maggie!

Julie said...

Well done, a great many steps even though you didn't want to go in the beginning. What a stunning area you have so close to home.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a good amount of steps, well done.
Lovely seeing your photographs, you certainly had a lovely walk.

All the best Jan