Pages

Sunday 12 December 2021

Sock Knitting

I started these socks a while ago and they were on my list of projects to get completed before Christmas.  All that was left to knit on both of them was the foot part so it's didn't take too long once I picked them back up again. 

The pattern is one of the Miss Potter Sock Club patterns by Kay Jones of the Bakery Bears, this one is called Jemima and the yarn is called Carousel by West Green Loft Yarns 

I really love the pattern and the texture that it produced, and look, no holes on the heels 😁  I'm quite pleased with myself for that


Here are day's 10, 11, and 12 of my yarn Advent, from Jo on the right, mine on the left.
These are going to look lovely in my blanket, thank you Jo. 


Do you see my Christmas cactus peeking in the photos?
It has so many flowers and buds, I think there is one on each of the leaves, just beautiful!


See you soon
-X-

11 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

Love your socks, Yarn and design together makes perfection.

Debi said...

Yay for finishing those socks! I'm always excited when there is no heel hole too. Your Christmas cactus is lovely, such a pretty color.

Jules said...

Your socks look lovely and cosy. X

Jo said...

Yay, you got the socks finished, they're fabulous, love the yarn and the pattern. My Christmas cactuses have done well this year too, I've got a pink one and a red one but I do like your pale pink one.

butterfly said...

Love those socks , love the wool too .
Have fun.

linda said...

Lovely socks they look so soft and cosy, I keep getting the urge to make more but how many pairs of socks does a gal need haha, I love seeing your advents. enjoy your week. xx

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your socks, and I think your Christmas Cactus is a lovely colour.

All the best Jan

Jackie said...

Love the texture in those socks. Awesome!!!

What a pretty colour of Christmas Cactus.

God bless.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Fabulous socks maggie. I've made a couple of pairs in my time, bit of a faff when starting but so rewarding when you've finished.

Carol said...

Such pretty socks, Maggie! And great gifts from Jo. Your Christmas cactus is lovely and reminds me of one my grandmother had for years. It was passed on to me and I had it for years, but, sadly, it withered away. I really should purchase a new one as that color is so pretty at wintertime.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Those are lovely socks. I have some sock knitting that I should pull out.