Pages

Monday 16 May 2022

The one with knitting, (and a tiny bit of stash)

Here we are at the beginning of another week, we are fast approaching my daughter's wedding, three weeks yesterday we fly and I still haven't got a dress, eek!

I ordered three dresses last week, which have arrived today and I don't like any of them, so they will have to be returned tomorrow.  I did order another one last night, fingers crossed that it will be ok because I'm running out of options and places to look now.

The weather was brilliant on Saturday so warm and sunny and not a sign of the wind we had on Friday and I'm so glad as I had a ticket for the Wool@j13 yarn show.  Mark had said he would come with me so I didn't have to go on my own but in the end I said no, I didn't mind going alone so he stayed at home doing a few jobs in the garden.  As it happened I sat with two lovely ladies when I stopped for a coffee and we had a lovely chat about yarn, projects and this and that, like me, it was their third visit to this particular yarn show which is only small compared to some but packed with lovely goodies.

I was quite selective with purchases, I walked around at least four times looking to make sure what I wanted to spend my money on, in the end this is what I bought.


The little flowery bag Is the perfect size to keep in my bag for hand cream, gel and other bits that seem to rattle around in the bottom of my bag.

The other fabric bag, (I think the fabric is Ikea Rosali), is a traveling pouch, I thought it would be perfect for when we go away.  Some essential notions were also included inside and I thought the price was very reasonable at £15, considering the extras.


I've been knitting away on my Whitmoor sweater for the last two weeks, there hasn't been many days when I haven't been working on it.  The pattern is beautiful and so addictive , I'm loving every minute working on it.

I'm not too far from the ribbing now so put it on waste yarn to try on this morning.  It fit's lovely, not so much positive ease as the pattern calls for, but I didn't want as much as that anyway, once it's blocked it will be just right I think.


I just love the lace pattern, it really wasn't hard at all.


The yarn is Stylecraft Recreate in the colour Rose and It's beautifully soft and lovely to knit with, I'd definitely use it again.  

I hope you all have a lovely week, whatever you are doing, take care.

-X-

9 comments:

Carol said...

Oh, I so hope the dress that you ordered last night will be to your liking, Maggie--talk about stress! Such nice new acquisitions from the yarn show. I really love the pretty white and pink floral bag. And your sweater is so, so pretty. Such a beautiful area around the neckline. Have a great week ♥

Poppypatchwork said...

I hate looking for dresses for myself, I xan never find anything which suits me. Your jumper looks lovely, I do love the colour.

Debi said...

I hope you can find a dress soon. You got some really nice treasures at the yarn show and your pink sweater is lovely. Can't wait to see it completed. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I think you should just keep knitting away and plan to wear this lovely sweater to the wedding - maybe with a flowing white skirt. It would remind you of what you were working on during these days and I think the neckline would look lovely in pictures! Karen

Jackie said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that you find the perfect dress.

Love the colour and pattern of that sweater.

God bless.

butterfly said...

Great knitting.
Love the wool and goodies .
Best of luck with your dress .
Enjoy your week hugs June.

MartinaM said...

Oh wow, your sweater has a great yoke, very nice pattern.
I hope you found a dress, that's often difficult, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works.
Enjoy your time
Martina

Lowcarb team member said...

Goodness, your daughters wedding is getting close now.
I'm sure you will be lucky in finding the right dress :)

All the best Jan

Carin said...

Your sweater looks amazing and I love the things you bought.