Pages

Friday 31 May 2024

End of the month finishing

 The last day of another month that has flown by, another four weeks and we will be halfway through the year!   Summer officially starts in a couple of days, someone needs to inform the weather gods of that because we need to see less rain and more sun, not necessarily for it to warm up too much, but some sunshine would be very welcome. 😎

I have four finishes today, three knitting and one stitching.  The first knitting is a little cardigan I finished in April, but only got round to sewing the buttons on this week.  Knit in Sirdar Crofter, Its lovely and soft with the added bonus of being able to machine wash, because what new Momma wants to spend precious time hand washing.  This will go into the gift box for now but, I have a new Great Nephew due soon so it may not be in the box for long.


Socks I finished at the end of March, but I forgot all about them.  These are the Thomasina Socks.


The pattern is so subtle that It's hardly noticeable, I'm sure a non knitter wouldn't even realise there was a pattern.  It is one of a trio of patterns from the Miss Potter sock club released a few years ago by Kay Jones (on Ravelry), not sure I would knit it again.


Another pair of socks, this one will go into the gift box too, for one of my daughters. 
The yarn is a Paintbox yarn called Stripes-Rainbow.  I cast on with a WYS before carrying on with the main yarn and also used WYS for the heels and toes.


This finish deserves a big TADAH!  It's my Bothy Threads Bunny.  
This chart was part of a Birthday gift from my eldest daughter in 2020 but I didn't get round to starting it until January 2023.  
I got so close to finishing it at the beginning of the year but I ran short on a couple of the threads, my own fault for miss-counting, Bothy Threads were very good and sent me some more threads within a few days of me contacting them but I just didn't feel the call to stitch on it.  This week I gave myself a talking too and in the end it took me three nights of stitching, two nights to put the last of the stitches in and one night to do the back stitching and the ears of corn.


Do I love it? Yes! 
Did I like stitching it? If I'm honest, not really.
Will I stitch another Bothy Thread?  Very unlikely. 

There is a lot of fudging going on, especially with those ears of corn, I gave up trying to follow what was charted for those and just did my own thing in the end.


I've already taken it in to be framed, there is about a six week wait at the moment but I will show you again once it's back home.

Take care
-X-

9 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

I think that is beautiful.I just hope the recipient appreciates what has gone into it!

Barbarax

Margaret said...

You have done well to persist with the Bothy Threads piece. It is hard to continue if one “just doesn’t feel it “. I love the socks!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like all your knits and sweet 'Bothy Bunny' too.

Taking the opportunity of wishing you a happy new month of June.

All the best Jan

Jackie said...

What lovely finishes, I really like the bunny stitchery and the socks are gorgeous.

God bless.

Poppypatchwork said...

I've used Sirdar Crofter before it's so very soft, you have had a productive time, so many beautiful things made. I have two pairs of knitted socks in my finishing box, just needs the ends sewing in, how lazy am I. I am on a break with my cross stitch, I'm not worried the love of stitching always comes back to me.

Jo said...

Another good month of makes. Your finishes always look so professional, you've got a very good eye for detail. The little cardi is so cute, I've used Sirdar Crofter but not the Baby Crofter, it's a lovely design. I haven't knit any of Kay Jones sock patterns but she seems to be a very popular designer. I hope you'll show us the little rabbit again when it's back from the framers, it's so lovely. I have a couple of Wrendale designs on my bedroom wall, not stitched ones though. Well done for getting it finished, you just need to push yourself a little sometimes don't you. I'm often in that frame of mind.

butterfly said...

Great knitting , and stitching is just beautiful.
Have a good Sunday , hugs June.

Chris said...

Love the little cardi, and how lovely and even you've done the band.. stitching as beautiful as ever. A great months work, I'm still knitting the socks I started in March!

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

A lovely coloured cardi for any new arrival. I can see the pattern in the socks but it is very subtle as you said. As for Bothy bunny- he is very cute even if you weren't fond of sewing him. He will look perfect when he has been framed.