Pages

Sunday 19 May 2024

Stitchers Day Out

 Today was the Quarry Bank Stitchers day out, this is their third day retreat and the second one I've been to, they have been a great success.  The food was lovely, and the company even better, we had lots of laughs.  People got to show their finishes, which Is always lovely to see, there was a de-stash table and a freebie table as well as a couple of sellers, including our local needlework shop, Betty's.

I took my Carriage House Samplings girl, Mary Margaret to work on.   I'd made a small start a few months ago and haven't picked her up since, until today.


And this is her after todays stitching


This was just what I needed to get me in the mood to stitch again, there's a long way to go on this one but I think I'm in the stitching zone again 😉

There was a lovely gift for us from the organizers, Karen and Annabelle, thank you ladies.


And I did make a purchase.  I've had my eye on this for a while and because I sold quite a bit on the de-stash table I went ahead and treated myself.


It's a kit, not something I usually go for but I really like it, not sure when I'll make a start but Sharon was offering a 20% discount on everything today so It was a good buy.

I've had such a great day today, being with like-minded people, chatting and laughing and seeing what others are stitching, It's just what I needed.  The weather has been glorious again, I have a couple more garden jobs planned for this coming week so fingers crossed the sun continues to shine.

-X-

8 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased you had such a good and enjoyable day today.

I do like the look of 'Winter Forest'.

Enjoy the coming week.

All the best Jan

Margaret said...

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself. I like your purchase.

Jackie said...

Now that sounds like a fantastic way to spend the day.

God bless.

Carol said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me, Maggie--love that sweet kit that you treated yourself to! Enjoy your week--hope it's a sunny one! ♥

Poppypatchwork said...

That look fun and great to see you found your stitching mojo again.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

i have a number of stitching kits. I really MUST start on one of them.

Linda P said...

Getting together with other folk who like to stitch must have been an enjoyable day out. I'm glad you also had the opportunity to purchase a pretty kit.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

A lovely day, spent with like- minded crafting friends. A perfect day out I would say. The Winter Forest project looks a good one to work on when you are ready and with a 20% dscount how could you resist?