Pages

Tuesday 30 July 2024

Watching the wildlife

 I've been putting food out and topping up the water bowl every night since I noticed the hedgehog in our garden, imagine my surprise and excitement when one night there were two little babies 😁


Since then I haven't seen the two babies together but sometimes mummy comes too and they share the cat biscuits I put out,   
They visit our garden anytime between 9.30 and 10.15, not sure where they are living but behind the summer house and shed is a likely place as they wouldn't be disturbed there at all. I've bought a hog house for them for the Winter, just need to decide on the most suitable place to put it, It wouldn't fit behind the shed but I may be able to get it close.  Aren't they sweet though?


I was so pleased to see that the frog population in my wildlife pond has increased, we now have two little froggies 😁  After the sad fate of the frog and the crow a few months back seeing these two made me happy.


A couple weeks ago Mark replaced all the windows in the summer house and painted the outside, 
now I'm busy painting the inside this week.  The ceiling and walls are all done and I've put one coat on the floor this morning, hoping that each coat will dry quickly and I can get that job finished and everything back in today.  I can't wait to spend some quiet time in there


Hope you are all well and enjoying the lovely weather we are having here at the moment.

Take care
-X-

7 comments:

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Hog wodges, you are blessed. We have seen one in our garden as well, but not for a while.

Jackie said...

Such cute visitors (including the frogs here).

God bless.

Jo said...

It's wonderful to have wildlife visit the garden, such a lovely thing to share your space with nature. Another lovely day here, I hope it's the same there so that you can get the summerhouse finished.

Carol said...

Your beautiful yard is obviously a safe haven for wildlife, Maggie! I so love seeing your hedgehogs as we don't have them here. We also have two toads in our pond, but they seem to be very camera shy :) Enjoy your August! ♥

Lowcarb team member said...

Aww lovely to see your hedgehog pictures.

All the best Jan

Sandy said...

I don't know much about HedgeHogs, are they advantageous to have around? Good luck with the froggies. Crows can be such nasty birds, and loud as well. Your garden looks lovely and don't forget to take pictures of your painted little house for us.

Sandy said...

Waving hi, as I make my blog rounds.