Pages

Wednesday 28 August 2024

Playing catch-up with lots of finishes


Lets start with the knitting.

You may remember I bought this James C Brett Fairground yarn on my trip to Llandudno in May, specifically to knit a hat for Bonnie, and I did just that not long after I returned home.  I used the Rough Road hat pattern, which you can find free on Ravelry and added a fluffy pompom. 


I purchased the pattern for the Felix Cardigan by Amy Christoffers last year, I didn't want to purchase any more yarn at the time but then I came across two 400g balls of James C Brett Aran with wool in my stash.  I must have had this years, no idea what I bought I for but I'm glad that I've finally been able to put the majority of it to use.
In the many hundreds of buttons I have there are none that are suitable, or large enough, (isn't that always the way!)  I'll add some once it gets cool enough to wear.



Not the most inspiring colour but it will be ok with jeans in the Autumn/Winter.  I don't like being bundled up in a heavy coat in the car, so this will be perfect.  
It is a little oversized, although that's how the pattern is designed, I think If I made another one I would make a size smaller and split for the sleeves a little earlier than the pattern suggests just because I think it's a little deep in armhole.  
Oh, and I made the cuffs extra deep, because that's what I felt like doing 😀


A recent knitting finish was this baby blanket.  The pattern is "Sasha" by Snufflebean Yarns, she very kindly offered the pattern free if you commented on her Insta account but It and her other patterns are available on Ravelry for a very reasonable price.
I made this one in Stylecraft Bambino in the colour mist.



I lost my stitching bug for a while but I'ts been slowly returning and I've been enjoying stitching on some new things, which I will share in due course, for now I will show you what I manged to get finished these last couple of months.

You may remember that I eventually completed the stitching on my Bothy Threads Bunny that had been in the making for at least a couple of years.  Finally I got it framed. but, when I collected it I wasn't happy with my frame colour choice, the framing is a fantastic job, as always, the fault is entirely mine.  I was torn between this shabby style in a lighter colour or a grey/brown-ish colour, now I wish I'd opted for the other colour, this light one gets lost on all my walls.  At some point I will take it to be re-framed but for now It Is what It Is.


I finished School Girl Lessons by Little house Needleworks.  This chart was gifted to me many years ago and I'm glad I finally got round to stitching it.  Although as you can see the thread colour bled in places.  This was also entirely my fault, I forgot I had stitched in hand dyed thread and sprayed it with Best Press when ironing it, I was so angry with myself.


It was much more noticeable than It's showing above, I tried rinsing in very cold water a colour catcher and lightly coffee dying, but it was still visible.  My friend Tina suggested coffee/tea dying so I thought I'd give it another go leaving It to soak much longer this time, thankfully It worked, the fabric colour is darker than I would have wanted but at least the stitching Is saved.


The last piece of stitching I have Is my Stick6 for June, I know, that's how behind I am with posting and finishing things.  Mine was an ornament this time.  Hands on Design Oh Christmas Three Is a chart with three designs, Joy, Noel and Peace, I chose to stitch Joy.
Finished in a small embroidery hoop which I painted red and I added a longer hanging.


It will be time to reveal our Stick6 stitching for July and August in a few days time, happily I'm up to date with that one 😁


I hope you are all well and have been making the most of the sunny days, when we've had them, It's been a strange Summer.

See you soon
-X-

11 comments:

Yvonne said...

Have you thought about using a paint pot sample colour and change the colour of the frame yourself. I have done this and it worked and saved me money. I love the knitting that you have done.

Margaret said...

I love the raglan shaping of your cardigan. It gives a stylish look. Hope you find buttons to suit although you probably don’t need the Cardigan just now in your late summer temperatures.

Jackie said...

Great finishes. I love the cardigan, I also usually make my cuffs longer. I have been known to make the body of my knits longer as well. I say it is to hide my rather large rear.

God bless.

MartinaM said...

A great hat, beautiful colors and the pattern is great. The cardigan is also great, and with the color you can definitely wear it with a lot of things.
This bunny is so cute, great that you finished stitching it. And I'm really impressed with your red embroidery, beautiful color gradient.
Have a good time, Martina

Sue said...

Lovely stitching and a very pretty baby blanket. Hope Bonnie liked her hat it's such a lovely bright colour and the cardigan will be just right for Autumn. Glad that you managed to disguise the runs in school girl lessons, it's horrible when the thread does that. Sue xx

Poppypatchwork said...

I adore knitting, but I've not got any projects at the moment, your stitching is lovely, well done on sorting your school girl canvas.

Jo said...

Some lovely finishes. The cardigan looks so cosy, just what you'll need in the colder months, and I like the colour, being neutral it will go with lots of things. Glad you managed to sort the School Girl Lessons out, tea dyeing has done the job nicely. I love your little Bothy Threads bunny.

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow! You have some great finishes here.
That hat is so wonderfully colourful.

Enjoy the coming weekend.

All the best Jan

butterfly said...

Love all your Knitting and stitching , the hat is just beautiful.
And I love the white houses on the Christmas stitch .
Have a good Autumn . Hugs June.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Such fab knitting. You have inspired me to get a new project on the go.

Carol said...

What a fun post filled with so many beautiful and creative finishes, Maggie. I actually love the color of your cardigan--it looks perfect for autumn. And what a gorgeous baby blanket--and one that will grow easily with the child. The framed bunny looks great to me! I'm sorry about the color running--how frustrating! I use Best Press as well, but will be doubly careful of it while working around reds. Glad the tea dyeing worked!

It really has been a strange summer--all around the world. Hope your September is a wonderful month! ♥