Pages

Friday 11 November 2016

That Chocolate's Gone Straight to Your Ribs, Hat,

Except this one is not brown it's grey.

I can't remember knitting a hat since Stevie was a baby.
This was nice and simple and fits quite well :-)


 You can find the free pattern here on Ravelry.

November means that we have plenty of these deposited every day, this was just on one of our lawns after clearing it the day before, it doesn't look much from the photo but was easily knee deep.


There are still many more to follow


It's going to be another busy month again, we have another 2 birthdays, a wedding and another stitching meet-up.  Actually the stitching meet-up is tomorrow, some of the members of the Needlecraft Haven forum are meeting in Nuneaton for a day of stitching, so another early start tomorrow for me, it's not all that far but it's still two trains.

I was going to take something new to start and then I had second thoughts, I will never get anything finished if I keep starting new things will I?   So I'm being a good girl and  I'm taking two projects that are oh so close to a finish, Elizabeth, who has not seen the light of day for a while now and this one which I started at the Nimble Thimble meet-up.


Excuse the terrible photo

Who knows, this might be a finish by tomorrow :-)

I'm off to get my bag ready then put my feet up for an hour.

Until next time
-X-

11 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh what a sweet, little project to finish up!

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Love the hat, nice and snug for winter. Those leaves look amazing, our dogs would love to roll around in them xx

Jo said...

Nice hat. I'm not really a hat wearing person but I knit myself one last year and I was so glad of it when I had to walk Archie in the snow on Wednesday. The trees are really shedding their leaves now, a sure sign that winter's nearly here. Enjoy your meet up today, I like the little house design you're taking with you, it'll be perfect to display for Christmas if you do get it finished.

Sally said...

The hat looks great Maggie.It looks lovely and warm.

Have a great time at the meet up. Just looked down your posts and it looks like you had a great time at The Nimble Thimble.

Love your Winter stitch. What is the design called and who is the designer please? It's so cute.

Justine said...

Beautiful stitching Maggie - it's a bit closer to a finish now!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Hope you had a good day at Nuneaton. I like the stitching project you were taking with you.

Sarah in Stitches said...

That's such a sweet stitching project! And your hat looks great :D

Julie said...

It was lovely to see you yesterday Maggie.
I'm looking forward to seeing your knitted socks!! lol
xxx

Desiree Ehleiter said...

That is such a lovely project! I hope to see a finish in your next post!

Barb said...

I hope it was a fun day. That is such a pretty design.

Carolien said...

Lovely hat, lovely grey house :)

Have a good day, xxx Carolien