Pages

Sunday 23 July 2017

Lazy Sunday afternoon

It's been a very quiet weekend, Mark has had to go into work so I have had the house to myself.

Joanne and Gavin asked me round to have lunch with them this afternoon and I have just got back and put the kettle on to settle down with a cuppa and some knitting and perhaps a catch up on some podcasts. I have no problem with my own company :-)

I found some white yarn out the other day and thought I would try and knit one more small blanket before this baby arrives.  They don't recommend having larger blankets folded up over baby anymore so I shall just keep this one big enough for a moses basket, it's just a plain knit from corner to corner with a YO at the beginning to give a pretty boarder


I have got one more cardigan on the go to but only the back is done so not worth a photo.

Last Sunday I also cast on a sock!
I know I've been banging on about socks for so long and I have tried with various needle methods but I just wasn't feeling it.

This time I tried magic loop and I think I like that best.

This is how far I've got.

(I have no idea why my camera want's to show this yarn blue, it's more turquoise)


I did get almost as far as this with the other sock I cast on but I just wasn't happy with how the stitches looked.  This time, although it's not perfect I'm happier with it.

And in true sock knitting fashion of course it had to have a project bag.
Not an expensive one though, this one I picked up in the £1 shop, lol

I like it, and it does the job :-)


Next weekend I'm hosing Joanne's baby shower, I must admit that I'm starting to wonder what I've let myself in for and wishing we had hired the church hall or something.  I've got my fingers crossed for fine weather :-)

In preparation for that I tried out a scone recipe in the week.  My scones usually turn out more like rock cakes, but these I must say looked the part.


They passed the taste test too, although I will probably not cook them for quite as long next time.

I would like to make these ahead of next Sunday and it does say you can freeze, but can anyone tell me, do I make them up and freeze them uncooked ?  or could I make the dough up on Saturday, leave in the fridge over night and bake on the Sunday morning?

I would like them to be as fresh as possible so I would love any advice.


A very quick catch-up this week, I'm off for that cuppa now

Until next time, I hope you all have a lovely week

-X-

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your socks are truly lovely.

Good luck with the shower next week. I know you will have a fine time and everyone will love the scones. They look delicious!

Do tell! What podcasts do you enjoy. I'm always looking for good ones to add to my watching list.

Brigitte said...

The colours of your new socks are great. I'm still thinking about starting to knit socks again but the problem is where to find the time for it, lol. Cross stitching is still more tempting.
Nice start on the baby blanket.
These scones look so delicious.

butterfly said...

Love the socks next year I would love to knit some .
This year is far to busy to start something new , but yes maybe after the New Year would be good.
Good luck with the shower party .
Lovely scones.

Jo said...

This baby is going to have so many beautiful hand knitted garments and blankets. Well done with the sock knitting, once you get in to the swing of it, you'll be hooked. What a bargain project bag, I must admit that I never used to separate my projects in to different bags, but it does keep everything tidy and organised. I'm sure the baby shower will be so much fun, I'm afraid I can't help with the scones, I'm not sure what the best way would be to make them in advance, but they do look very tasty.

Julie said...

Well done on the sock knit, great bargain bag you got for £1.
Nice little blanket, this new baby is going to be well kitted out.
Good luck with the baby shower ... no idea about the scones, I just know they taste good with a dollop of homemade jam on!

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

I love the pattern your sock's knitting up in. You've made so many lovely things, I bet you can't wait, we only have a week and a half left... eek! Your scones look very scrumptious xx

Pom Pom said...

Hi Maggie!
Well, those scones look absolutely lovely!
The little blanket you are knitting is very sweet!
Sometimes when we're lying in bed I feel hungry for my knitting which tells me the day was a little too crowded.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Gorgeous knitting! That new baby blanket is so sweet. Good luck with the baby shower! :D