Pages

Monday 24 February 2020

We'll count that as a fail then shall we

I finished knitting my Betwixmas shawl a couple of weeks ago, to be honest I made myself finish it because I wanted to start something else, and that's going to be my 'thing' this year.  
I didn't much like knitting with the yarn but I thought I'd like it when it was all done.

I washed and blocked it


The pattern came out good


But, it's not wearable, it is so small, I was really disappointed.  I posted it on the fb group and a lot o people commented that yes, theirs had turned out small too.  I know I could have ordered more yarn and carried on but I didn't eel inclined, I could have used bigger needles, but the stitches wouldn't have looked very nice.  Joanne has taken it back with her, no idea if she will be able to use it, I'll told her to put it in the charity bag if she can't.

I'll be triple checking measurements the next time I do anything!

I've been working a little bit on Autumn Dream over the last three weekends, still a lot o brown at the moment but once I start adding the colour it will look much better. 


The rain continues here.  The Midlands has had a lot of flooding in places, especially Bewdley and Ironbridge There are flood defences in Bewdley now on one side of the river at least, so not as bad as previous years.  It must be terrible when it happens all the same.

We have our own mini flood happening in the garden.  This has been the same for weeks and hardly has time to soak away before the next few days of rain.  

No chance of getting out and doing anything at the moment, everywhere you tread is like a bog!



I booked a day's holiday today so i'm having an indulgent day to myself :-)  I'm going to make myself a lovely cuppa and binge watch series one of  Last Tango in Halifax.  I've watched them all previously but I wanted to refresh my memory before watching the new series, (no spoilers on the new series please as I will get this on catch up) :-)

Hope you all have a great week and have something other than rain to look at though your window.

See you soon
-X-

13 comments:

Jane said...

I'm sorry to hear your shawl didn't work out how you expected it to. Same here weather wise; relentless grey skies, rain and wind, but fortunately no flooding. We were without phone and internet for 11 days, more a nuisance than a problem and great to be able to catch up with every one again. Best, Jane x

Kate said...

Your shawl is beautiful and you have the satisfaction of a job well done ... it's a shame it is too small. ^^

Poppypatchwork said...

The shawl looks beautiful so it's a shame it's too small. The same thing happened with my green hand dyed yarn, so I unpicked mine, the yarn was to lovely to be put away unused. The rain is relentless here, but we are lucky it does not sit on the surface, but I do think we have had enough.

Vickie said...

Oh my goodness. I cannot imagine the disappointment after all that work on the shawl. I am so sorry about that Maggie. Perhaps in a few years it will work for Bonnie?
Autumn Dream is looking great!

butterfly said...

So sorry Maggie the shawl looked wonderful to .
Autumn Dream is looking fab.
We have the puddles too.
I watched Last Tango in Halifax , you do get hooked on it.

Jo said...

Such a shame about your shawl, it does look lovely, you've made a great job of it, what a pity it's too small. You're going great guns with your stitching, you'll be glad you've got all that brown out of the way once you start adding the colour. We woke to a smattering of snow this morning, but of course, the rain returned so there's none left now. We've got the high winds again too, I don't know when it's ever going to end. I watched the first episode of the new series of Last Tango in Halifax last night, I'm glad to see it's back but there's only four episodes this time, that's a shame. Hope you're enjoying your day off.

crafty cat corner said...

So annoying when you make something and it doesn't turn out right. I've had lots of things in the past. Still it could still be tucked in around the neck to keep warm.
Luckily we do not have any floods where we are but lots of horrible rain and mist.
Looking forward to seeing the colour com into your other work
Briony
x

Miriam said...

What a pity for your shawl: it would be perfect for my cervical!
Miriam

Julie said...

Is it not possible to wear the shawl pointed bit down your front and wrap the ends round the back, use it like a scarf... does that make sense? It does look soft.

Carol said...

Oh, I'm so sad your shawl won't work out for you, Maggie--it is just lovely and the color is perfect. I just finished my second of the Songbird Series and hope to get it posted tomorrow or Friday. I do love Autumn Dream, but think I'll wait until later in the year to start it. Hopefully, yours will inspire me :)

Oh, all that water--we have the same in our yard each spring and it is awful. I hope things dry out for you, soon. ♥

Sandy said...

What a lovely shawl, so sorry it doesn't fit. Usually gauge isn't a big deal with shawls, was this pattern just not written well? I wondered because you said several others also complained about the size. Looks very soft, did you use mohair? Your stitching is coming along and changing colors always makes you feel like getting more done. Goodness, you really do have lots of water. Hope things dry up and soon.

Jackie said...

The design of the shawl is lovely, and as another poster said, you could wear it point in front and the ends tied in the back as a scarf.

God bless.

ILLUMINATI GRAND LODGE® said...

INVITATION FROM THE ILLUMINATI ORGANISATION 666

This is an open invitation for everyone that is interested in becoming part of the world's biggest conglomerate and reach the peak of your career. As we begin this year's recruitment program and our annual feast of harvest is almost at hand, so we decide to introduce you to the "New World Order".
At this point, we're assuring anyone who is ready and faithful to become a member of this great organisation, that once he/she becomes a full member of the Illuminati brotherhood then he/she will automatically become rich, powerful and be famous in life and achieve all their heart desires and also receive a monthly salary of $500,000 USD. We are ready to change your life, we can make your dreams come true.
The great Illuminati district offers you a life time opportunity of making your heart desires come true. I want you to know that if been scammed is what you're afraid of, please you shouldn't be, because this organization is 100% safe and reliable, with the written guarantee you have, you'll know that this Brotherhood organization is real and legit.
I believe everyone on this planet "Earth" knows about the ILLUMINATI, the Illuminati is a secret society that bless man kind and grant his/her dreams of becoming a millionaire and billionaire. At least you should be sure of this organization by now and there's no reason to be afraid of anything.
I'm not here to mess with you or play games with you because as it stands now there are lot's of people out there who Impersonate us, claiming to be members of the ILLUMINATI. So the Brotherhood then comes to conclusion of Globalizing this organisation in order to help those who are really ready to become part of this Great Family and those that was misleads by those Impostors. Now i believe this is your opportunity to join our prestigious Organisation and make yourself and your family proud.


If you're interested in joining this Great Organisation, then contact our Grand Lodge at Pennslyvania, USA via
WhatsApp: +1 315 203 9948 or our official Email: illuminati666grandlodge@gmail.com

Or click on this WhatsApp link to message us: https://wa.me/13152039948

Signed: GRANDMASTER