And so far I don't like it one bit. The only reason I used to was because blogger wouldn't let me upload photos from the old interface. I know you are supposed to be able to revert back to the old style blogger but as yet I can't see how to do that. (If you have discovered how then do let me know in the comments). I don't much like change so this is going to take some getting used to!
More news about change later, but first finishes.
I have two finishes to show today. The Weathered Garden was finished Friday night, it should have been finished a few days before that but those satin stitches and eyelets, (last photo) drove me mad. I found I had an inability to count three spaces!!
But it's done and I like it, despite the colours not being as per the photo on the chart 😕
My second finish is another shawl / scarf.
My daughter, Joanne bought me the yarn for this for my birthday when we went to Yarndale last year.
The pattern is the Sandstone Shawl by Drops, a free pattern on their website and the yarn is Drops Fabel and Drops Delight.
I can't remember which stall we bought it from now, they had it knitted up as a sample and provided a link for the pattern with the yarn
At first I thought it was going to be a bit dark, but It came out way better than I expected. It's going to be lovely and warm come the winter.
So, other changes. After all these weeks on furlough, (is it about 12?, I've lost track) I got a phone call last Monday to say that they are thinking about doing away with the reception role altogether. We, me and the other receptionist, are now under threat of redundancy.
They are making the assumption that because the calls have been low while all this has been going on that the call volume will stay low afterwards. I really don't know what their thinking is with this. We have both had to email with a list of our duties and there is going to be a meeting this week to decide our fate. So, as you can imagine, lots of different emotions going on at the moment.
There are two new positions that we can both apply for should they decide to do away with reception, I have decided to apply for both, the other receptionist has decided against applying for either. Although ultimately I would like to carry on with my job as it was I'm not ready to give up work just yet but we'll have to wait and see.
Well, that's all my news for this week
The weather here has changed from hot and sunny to wind and rain. Although today and yesterday the weathermen got it wrong, we missed the thunder storms that many had and it was really quite warm and sunny again.
I hope you are all still keeping safe and well, I'll see you soon