Pages

Monday 1 January 2024

My year in projects

Happy New Year! 
 Lets hope its a good one for all.

I wanted to write a post over the Christmas period but I came down with Covid the day after my birthday then spent the next two day in bed.  It wiped me out for a couple of days, thankfully I feel better now.  The symptoms were not like I had before, I was congested with a tickly cough for a couple of days but I didn't lose my sense of taste or smell, I was however really exhausted, then by last night all my symptoms seemed to disappear, just as quick as they came.   I will test again in a couple of days to make sure I'm negative before I go anywhere near people, I know there are relaxed rules now but I still don't think it's fair to pass it on knowingly, you never know what health issues other people are dealing with do you?
My middle daughter Joanne also tested positive with the same symptoms as me although, she still has quite a cough but, surprisingly neither Mark or any of the rest of the family that were here over Christmas has had it.

Anyway, on to the makes......These are my last finishes for this year end, one pair of Christmas socks and the last stitched piece for the Stick6in2023

 I ran out of time to complete my socks to wear on Christmas Eve but I did finish them on Boxing Day, so still classed as a Christmas finish.  They are knitted in the Vintage Tinsel colourway by West Yorkshire Spinners.  This was their Christmas colourway from 2021, back then It didn't really appeal to me, then I saw someone knitting it up this year and thought It was beautiful, funny how we change our minds isn't it?

I used Amethyst, also by WYS, for the heels and toes and I love them!  You can't really see from the photo how sparkly they are, but take my word they do sparkle :-)


My Stick6in2023 piece for the months of November and December was finished just in the nick of time.  I must confess that I didn't much enjoy stitching this one, hence the amount of time It took me to finish.  Those snowflakes were a pain in the butt and I struggled to see, even with my magnifier, the 32 count fabric.  Still, It's done now and I love the way it came out.  
What you can't really tell from the photo is that the fabric I stitched on was blue and the finishing fabric is navy blue velour.

When I think of Winter by Puntini Puntini


I've really enjoyed taking part in this SAL hosted my Martina and Manuela, amazingly I managed to complete all six parts!   I'm already looking forward to joining in throughout 2024, thanks ladies for hosting.
*****************
Now that I've shared my end of year finishes it's time for a round up of everything I made during the rest of 2023.

There were ten pairs of socks 
Three sewing finishes, 
(I made two of the bags, one for Bonnie and one for her friend)
Two baby blankets
Twelve stitched finishes
Two jumpers
One cardigan
Four forgotten projects finished off, two were baby cardigans, one was crochet blanket and of course Albert the rabbit :-)
And last but not least, because they will be the most used, Thirteen dishcloths!



Phew! 

I stitched more in 2023 than I have for a few years and I really enjoyed all my projects, well except for the last one, lol.  I'll share some plans I have for 2024 another time as this post has gone on long enough, and If you are still here at this point, thank you for reading👍   

I'll say goodnight and leave you with a photo of my Winter bowl, the idea for which I shamelessly stole from the lovely Carol over at Stitching Dreams, I hope you don't mind my friend 😉
 

-X-

19 comments:

butterfly said...

OMG your work is amazing you have had a busy year with beautiful stitching and knitting. Well done.
Sorry you have not been well , there is allot about. So far we have been ok, I still have long Covid from 2019 , but I am slowly getting better my taste is back
but not my smell yet and I still get brain fog , but I am getting there.
Happy New Year to you and your family , hugs June.

Poppypatchwork said...

You have been creative last year, lovely to see Albert all done and dressed. Fingers crossed you have rid yourself of all the bugs, Happy New Year to you and your family.

Sue said...

What a lot of lovely work you did in 2023, I look forward to hearing of your plans for this year. Sorry that you've had covid again, it doesn't seem to want to go away does it. Happy New Year xx

Manuela said...

Hello Maggie,
wonderful finishes for our last Stick and Strick in 2023. I love your Winter stitching very much.I'm looking forward to your finishes in 2024.
You are very busy in the last year. So many wonderful finishes.
Happy New Year.
Manuela

Jackie said...

Wow, so many projects completed and all so beautiful. Looking forward to seeing what you do in 2024.

God bless.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

You must be super proud of all you have made in 2023. Lovely for you and very nice indeed for any recipients. I have made several pairs of socks for friends in the last few months and they were all delighted with them. I'm currently working on a blanket for a new babe in the family. Then I have some other projects to get on with. Sorry you have been poorly with Covid, but it sounds like you have it on the run.

Dee said...

I am so impressed with the number of finishes. Every project is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Wishing you a very stitchy 2024 and hoping you are feeling better real soon.

Gill - That British Woman said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, you really did accomplish a lot, well done, love everything.

Sorry you got covid. I am touching wood (my head) when I say this, but I have never caught covid, even when hubby had it. I hope it stays that way. Look forward to seeing what you plan on doing this year.

Happy New Year!

Lowcarb team member said...

Goodness me! Didn't you do well with all your crafts in 2023, well done.

Covid does seem to be going around again, hope you are now fully recovered.

Happy New Year Wishes.

All the best Jan

linda said...

Sorry you had COVID but good it disappeared quickly, my voice is still not right after having it in October.
I loved looking at so the lovely things you made last year, so many! I'm looking forward to seeing what you make this year. Xx

Chris said...

WOW Maggie, you have done well, gorgeous work, wonderful! They are all amazing and beautifully made. Sorry about Covid but relieved to read you're feeling better.

MartinaM said...

Oh dear, dear Maggie, I hope you're feeling better now. You really don't need something like that over the holidays.
Beautiful socks, and the purple goes great with them.
The winter motif is really beautiful, but I can understand that it wasn't that easy to stitch with the snowflakes. I'm thrilled, you've done so many beautiful things in one year, you can only see that when you see everything in one post .
Thank you for taking part in Stick6 and I look forward to having you there again next year.
Happy New Year and all the best to you.
Martina

Carol said...

I'm so sorry to read about Covid visiting you again, Maggie! Glad it wasn't too bad. My sister has it right now as does her husband. Their coughs were the main thing that caused them issues. Hope that's the end of it for you.

Wow! Your work, no matter if it's stitching, knitting, crocheting, or sewing, is always so beautiful! I sure wish I was as multi-talented at needlework as you are. Love your winter bowl--so happy I could provide some inspiration. I just put mine out today and it makes me smile.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

You made some great things this year and I always love your stitching projects.
Hope you are feeling better now after your bout of Covid.
Happy 2024 x

Jo said...

That's a lot of projects, and all so beautiful. Hope you're now on the road to recovery and that the rest of the family haven't come down with it. Wishing you a Happy New Year!

Sandy said...

Lots of awesome projects. I particularly like the quote about winter and spring. That made me smile, as a person who doesn't like winter and counts down til Spring. That's a good quote. I'll remember that. Congrats on getting so many projects done and hope you have a good productive 2024. Sorry to hear about your Covid, our daughter got it over Christmas as well. Bummer to be sick over the holidays. Glad you're doing better. We bought tests to keep checking ourself since our daughter had it, and the lady at CVS at the register said they could hardly keep tests on the shelves. I took that as a negative sign, meaning things are spreading again. Groan.
Sandy's Space

Sandy said...

Waving hi as I make my blog rounds, and hope all is well with you.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A terrific selection of work completed in 2023 Maggie. If I do half as much in 2024 I will be pleased. Thank you for the recap.

Sandy said...

Cruising in to see if there's something new, as I make my blog rounds. Hope all is well with you. You're probably busy stitching up a storm.