Pages

Tuesday 16 April 2024

What else did I finish in March?

I had all the intentions of popping back sooner and sharing the rest of my March makes but time got the better of me, I've been busy with nanny duties and sometimes by the time I have five minutes to myself I don't want to do much.

Anyway, I'm here now.

This hat was a quick knit, the pattern is call the Rough Road Hat a design by Shannon Larson which is free on Ravelry.

I don't often knit hats but I really enjoyed working on this and can see me making more.  
This one is for Jacob and will go into my gift box for either his birthday in December or his Christmas stocking.  I knit the small adult size and I'm glad I did because the next size down would definitely have been too small


I have made the In Threes cardigan many times, It is a very satisfying quick knit.  Made for no one in particular but it will also go into the gift box


The last one is the Anker's Sweater by Petite Knit.

I'm really happy with how this came out, the fit is perfect and I might get a few days wear out of it as the weather is still very changeable.
It's knit out of Stylecraft Highland Heathers in the colourway Marmalade.  I bought the yarn last April on a trip to Blacksheep Wools. 


I love the ribbed yolk

 
I'm also very happy because all of these makes were made using yarn from stash :-)

As we are already halfway through the month I will see you all soon with what I've been making in April.

Take care and enjoy the rest of the month

-X-

12 comments:

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

You are super good getting ready for Christmas now, making delightful things and with yarn from your stash.

Poppypatchwork said...

You have been busy, and created three lovely items, well done you for using your stash.

Linda P said...

Your knitted items are always impressive. It's a relaxing way to spend the time in between your granny duties. :)

Carol said...

So much beautiful knitting, Maggie! I especially love the color of yarn that you used in your sweater. And Jacob's new hat and that sweet cardigan will make wonderful gifts. Looking forward to seeing what you're making this month! ♥

Lowcarb team member said...

You've created three lovely items, well done and thank you for sharing them here.

Enjoy your April days, the month is whizzing by!

All the best Jan

Jackie said...

What lovely knitting. That rib collar on the sweater is gorgeous.

God bless.

MartinaM said...

a great hat for Jacob, it will keep him warm.
And I also really like the little jacket. For the little ones, everything is always knitted so quickly and looks great.
And you also did a great job with the Ankers sweater, a great color.
See you soon, Martina

butterfly said...

Great Knitting ,
You have been busy .
Have fun Hugs June.

Jo said...

Oh, I like that jumper with the ribbed yoke, it's a lovely design. It's nice to get some things popped in the gift box, events seem to creep up on us so it's good to be ahead of the game.

Heritage Hall said...

My-0-my such wonderful finishes. The hat and cardigan are
fetching...but the winner is that stylish jumper...love the
color.. it also looks quite snug comfortable.

Chris said...

Some great finishes I love that bobble hat, and the jumper, you've been really productive.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

It is always good to use up yarn stash and you have made some lovely items. My favourite is the Anker's sweater.