Pages

Sunday 1 September 2024

Well Hello September!

 It was as If the oak tree in our garden knew the date because yesterday the leaves began to fall.  I love this time of year but from now until the middle of November all I seem to do is collect leaves, there are too many to leave to decompose and anyway oak leaves take forever, so that's not an option, you just have to get out there and gather them up.  Luckily the weather has been good so I've spent the last two days tidying up the garden pulling up things that are past their best, emptying pots and cleaning out the greenhouse, if I can get those jobs done it will make the leaf collecting that much easier to keep on top of once they really do start coming down.

Because I've been spending time outside there hasn't been a lot of stitching or knitting done but I have finished my Stick6 stitching for July and August.

Jolly Jack by All Through The Night


Isn't he cute!  I stitched him on some 14 count Rustico Aida.  I haven't stitched on Aida for a long time but I do find the smaller count fabrics a strain on my eyes, especially at night, I loved stitching him and may stitch on Aida more in the future.  The frame is a cheap and cheerful one from Amazon and I laced him onto some mountboard.

Last time I told you about the accident I had with Schoolgirl Lessons and that I'd managed to rescue it by coffee and tea dying the fabric, I was in B&M on Friday and saw a frame that I thought might suit, It fitted perfect, and cost £2.50 😀
As with Jolly Jack I laced it onto some mountboard


I haven't knitted any socks in a while and had the urge to cast some on so I've wound the yarn this afternoon and that's what I'm going to start tonight.
The colourway is Pumpkin Spiced Latte, perfect name and colour for the start of Autumn 🍂


Hope your September has got off to a good start

-X-

10 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes the colourway Pumpkin Spiced Latte is perfect for the time of year.
Have a happy month of September.

All the best Jan

Jackie said...

Perfect frames for your stitching. The jack-o-lantern is so cute.

God bless.

Chris said...

I love knitting socks and my youngest grand son now 24 loves them, so I always have some on the go.

Sue said...

Love Jolly Jack, lovely autumn colours and a perfect frame to match. We've lots of leaves here too to gather up and lots of jobs in the garden to still do but it's wet out there so it won't be a job for today, we seem to be behind with everything garden wise this year.

butterfly said...

Love the Autumn stitch , enjoy September , hugs June.

Poppypatchwork said...

In the past couple of years I have not cut back dead plants until spring in an effort to help bugs over winter. I collect leaves in a black plastic dustbin, I have holes near the bottom around the bin, I get leaf mulch each September, we do have to shred our Magnolia leaves. Love your stitching, I must get back to mine.

Maggie said...

Unfortunately we have far too many leaves just to use a small bin and oak leaves take forever to decompose, I've tried. It makes for hard work in the Spring if a good tidy up isn't done in Autumn, another thing I've mistakenly done before, it's OK in a small garden I suppose.

Manuela said...

A wonderful stitching finish for our challenge.
The little frame is perfect.
Beautiful color for your knitting project.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Jo said...

It's a busy time of year in the garden but all those jobs we get done now is less to do when spring comes again. Your stitching looks lovely framed, you managed to source some bargain frames. I haven't knit any socks for a long time now either, I shall be casting some on for the Strictly Sockalong though. I love the colour of the Pumpkin Spiced Latte yarn, perfect autumn colours.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

You're certainly whistling through the projects, good on yer.