Pages

Sunday 8 September 2024

My garden hydeaway and back to school

I mentioned before that my little summerhouse was having a re-vamp and I thought you might like to have a peek inside now that It's all painted.
Be warned, it's very pink, lol

I wanted something other than white, I'm really not very brave with colour but in here it doesn't really matter and It cheered the space up 😁 

I unpacked some bits and pieces that were my mums that no one wanted, they are not my taste either but I couldn't bring myself to take them to the charity shop and I think they go quite well in my grannies china cabinet. 



The weather has taken a turn these last couple of days but It's nice and cosy sitting in there so I will still make use of it through the Autumn at least.

It's been back to school this week with changes for all my grandchildren.
Arty started year 2, a new teacher but the whole class moved up so he is still in the same class as his friends.  Big change for Oliver as he started High School!   he was lucky enough to get his first choice of schools, a school that none of his friends were going to but he favoured this one over the other choices.  So a whole new set of people to meet and make friends with.  I think he has been very brave and grown up making this choice,  not following the crowd isn't easy when you are young. 

Jacob started school, he seems to have taken it in his stride, has come back home very tired but says he likes it.  Bonnie started year 3, a big change for her too as this is a new school.  They are going to a school close to where they live now, Bonnie was on board with it and did already know a few of the children from her dancing class, she makes friends very easily so should settle in well, Its a smaller school too, which will make it better.

My youngest daughter, Stevie, is onto pastures new too, she has now been appointed as an Early years teacher and given her own class.  She has also gone back to uni to do her PGCE, the school she works at are funding it.  She works in a school that has children with behavioral issues, so it can be challenging at times to say the least, she is regularly kicked, punched, spat at, called names and sworn at, and these children are only between 5 and 7 years of age, I don't know how she does it. 

James, my SIL has now retired so I won't be picking Arty up from school like I was, and I won't have my Wednesday's with Jacob either, so that's me made redundant again,😆  I'm sure I will be volunteering my services occasionally and I think at some point next year James may look for some work, for now I think he is enjoying being at home, he has been in the RAF for as long as he and Jenny have been together so It must be nice to be at home more.  He is only 45 though, so I think Jenny will want him to find something, lol.

Just a little update on the pattern fiasco, a lovely lady called Abbi emailed me to say she had looked at the comments on the pattern page on Ravelry, (I hadn't even realised that was an option) and a question similar to mine had come up, Abbi explained it very well, better than the designer did, so thank you so much for that Abbi.  I wasn't wrong after all, it is just not explained very well!

Wishing you all a lovely week

-X-

5 comments:

Linda P said...

You have a lovely summer house in your garden. After the Summer holidays when I know you had fun with the grandchildren I hope you can relax in your new hideaway and you have a happy Autumn.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your summerhouse looks a lovely place to sit a while in the garden and I like the colour.

Don't the grandchildren grow so quickly!
Lovely photographs and I'm sure they will settle quickly.

Hats off to Stevie, it's not easy working with children who have behavioural issues.

Enjoy your September days.

All the best Jan

Poppypatchwork said...

Life is very different when our grandchildren start school, I will miss seeing George so often, I do love to be included in their lives. Your garden summer house looks lovely, a great place to relax.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

You have made your summerhouse look so pretty, Maggie. Best wishes to everyone in the family whether they are starting back to school, starting a new job or taking a retirement break.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

The hideaway looks pretty. I had something very similar when I lived in Sussex.