The start of another new month already. These months seem to fly by and before we know it, Christmas will be here!
This week has been spent mostly around home and playing catch-up. Some weeks go smoothly and everything seems to fall into place and I manage to get loads done, while other weeks I appear to acheive very little, last week was definitly a week when I acheived very little.
Even so, I managed to get three days in at the allotment last week, not full day's but I've made some good progress - I'll be sharing before and after photos soon.
I put some mystery flowers in one of the raised beds and they are doing really well. I think these are zinias. I've never been successful with zinnias before, they are so pretty. I did nothing but clear the weeds in this raised bed, the soil wasn't particulaly good, but perhaps that's what they like.
My sunflowers finally produced a lovely flower head too...they were very slow to get going but now I get to enjoy them a bit longer.
I took myself for coffee and cake one afternoon and finished the book I was readin. I'm on the look out for Liz Nugents other books now, this one was really good, well written and with an ending I didn't see coming.
Book & Pudding club was on Wednesday night - Yet again my choice didn't winn the vote. This is the one that received the most votes. I do wonder If the fact that our host went on about how much she enjoyed it had an effect on the voting? I have noticed she does that quite a bit, and that's ok, but I wish she would wait until the voting is over so that there is no influence.
Stevie Is starting to have nail clients again one day a week, and I get to look after Freddie while she is working.




21 comments:
Sending good wishes for you procedure. Hope all goes well.
Freddie is just too cute for words.
Apparently WE are getting all the rain you are not getting. I'm not complaining. It means I don't have to drag out the hose. But, other people near us are getting FAR too much. It's been a problem.
https://1justd2me.blogspot.com
Freddie wins every prize for being so cute, I'm put off of book clubs as I can't read a book I don't like. Your flowers are zinnias, they bloom with such a great array of colours and styles. I'm desperate for rain here, its been dry for the past two months.
I do like the bookclubs i belong too, It's nice to talk books to bookish people, lol. But yeah, sometimes the choices are questionable. Sometimes you read something that turns out to be good that you wouldn't have picked up otherwise. If I really don't like the choice I don't read it, and I don't feel guilty, so many books, so little time :-)
Thank you Dee. We could really do with some of your rain please. I just hope when we do eventually get some it's slow and steady, the ground wouldn't cope with torrential rain as it's baked to a crisp.
I'm going to go find that Liz Nugent book now!
Freddie is such a cute liitle one and he obviously is very relaxed at your place.
I think many of us are just hoping for some rain as soon as possible . It has just been so dry. Fortunately we don't have a hose pipe ban here but the garden is still suffering. My hydrangeas look worse than your one but hopefull if the roots are ok, it will come back next year. I need more shade for plants next year.
Freddie is adorable. I hope your procedure is a success. I plant a lot of zinnia seeds every year. One of your photos might be a Purple Prince, my favorite.
Hope you enjoy it :-)
Yes hopefully everything will recover a little once we get rain, it's been so long!
Thank you. I've never had sucess with zinnias but I will definitly try again next year now I know they like on the plot
Your flowers look beautiful.
Freddie is adorable.
I hope your hospital procedure goes well.
All the best Jan
I am listening The Road to Tender Hearts just now. The narrator is not my favourite but I a enjoying the book. The cat in particular.
Great post , Maggie .
Love the flowers so pretty.
How cute your little GS is.
I often wonder about time, some days fly past and others go slow and the months and years go faster I wonder why.
Hugs June.
I do envy your energy and looking after your grandson, mine are all grown..
Your flowers are looking beautiful. And I'm looking forward to seeing photographs of your allotment.
I hope everything went smoothly for you at the hospital. X
Your Zinnias look wonderful. Mine aren't doing well at all this year. I think they're getting eaten by some bug I can't see. The leaves look horrible and they're not growing. I can't really spray them since they're in my Butterfly garden. Early on it was the deer and rabbits (primarily rabbits getting them), but I've put cages them which has stopped that problem. Freddie is adorable, coming to Nana's must agree with him. I'm not familiar with your first book, but the 2nd is on my to read list, or it's on hold through Libby...can't remember which. Totally agree with you regarding comments shouldn't proceed the voting. Maybe next time it would be wise to say...before we pick our next book could I suggest people not make comments that might sway people's opinions. I'm betting you're not the only one who thinks that way.
Shoot, I hit publish too quickly. Wishing you the best of luck for your upcoming procedure. Hope all goes well for you. I wouldn't want to go alone either.
I hope your procedure went well and that you're now at home recovering with your feet up and being pampered. I bought a new hydrangea this year and that's one of the plants which had suffered very badly while we were away. Although it's still looking very sorry for itself, it's definitely picked up so I'm hopeful that it will recover. Awww, Freddie is so cute.
I hope your procedure went smoothly, Maggie, and you are home resting up now! Your zinnias are lovely! Ours have been dismal this year--lots of foliage, but few flowers. That seems to be the case for all of our flowers except the sunflowers which have done extremely well. We are FINALLY getting some much needed rain this week so perhaps it will cross the ocean to you! Take care now and enjoy those baby cuddles with your precious Freddie! ♥
I hope everything went well with your procedure. I looked up that book you "have" to read, and it got rave reviews?? Some people said it was an easy read? It wouldn't be a book I would run out to buy though, so I see your point!
Thanks for sharing your expertise. Clean digitizing is definitely the foundation of professional embroidery.
Post a Comment