Pages

Sunday, 1 October 2017

A bit of stitching has been happening, Halloween Ornament Exchange

A bunch of us who meet up at the Nimble Thimble for stitching days have a small FB group and Tracy recently organised a Halloween ornament exchange.  We were to stitch an ornament and include a chart and some sweets/chocolate in our parcel too.

My recipient was Michelle, aka Mouse :-) 

I found a designer, Good Flora Stitchwort on etsy, (she has some lovely charts, go take a look),
I chose Bubble Bubble and finished it as a little wall hanging.


I found a little pack of Halloween buttons perfect for holding the hanging ribbon


Here's the whole exchange I sent, luckily Michelle didn't already have the chart I included


My package came from Chris, (I don't think Chris has a blog)

A cute little pumpkin ornie.  My grandson, Oliver is mad about Halloween things and wanted to claim it for his Halloween tree, lol


Love the chart she included too


This weekend has been quite a busy one, It was my book club meeting on Saturday morning and later I went with Joanne to have high tea at a local garden centre.  It was a lovely treat, lovely to just sit and take our time.  Today was the annual Scarecrow festival in Belbroughton and I went with the girls again.  We started the day with breakfast at another garden centre before going into Belbroughton.  The weather was quite dull and dreary today but at least the rain kept off until we were ready to make our way home.

There didn't seem to be as much effort put in by the residents this year, in fact it was quite
disappointing to be honest, the theme was Fables and Fairy Tales, plenty of choice as to what to
make, you would think, but we counted at least 3 Humpty Dumpty's, 3 Tortoise and The Hare,
and about 4 Little Red Riding Hood .

I thought these were the best efforts


This one was brilliant, a lot of work has gone into making these


And this giant Gingerbread Man :-)


I've been flitting between various WIP's this week, nothing finished except for this little pair of shoes


I came across the pattern on line and just had to knit them right away :-) 

They worked up really quickly, I knit both of them in a couple of hours

I do need to get a move on and finish some of the things I've got on the go at the moment, because I want to make a start on Bonnie's birth sampler this month  so that It can be finished and framed ready for Christmas.

So many lovely things to make, so little time, lol

I hope you all have a lovely crafty time till next week

-X-

10 comments:

Daffycat said...

That is a great exchange, both the sent and received!

Dee said...

Lovely post this week. The exchange looks like it was a lot of fun. Your buttons on the hanging are perfect.


Hope you have a happy October!

Barb said...

What a terrific exchange. I do love the stitched piece you made. The buttons are just perfect!

butterfly said...

Wonderful exchange's by both .
Love the little blue booties.
Ha love the gingerman.
Have a good week .

Jo said...

Both lovely parcels for your ornament exchange. Those little spider web buttons finish the wall hanging off perfectly, it's the little details which really add to a creation. I love visiting scarecrow festivals, there's quite a few around now but the one at Kettlewell is brilliant because so many of the residents join in, such a great day out. I like that gingerbread man, very clever. The little shoes are so cute. I'm still in the throes of Christmas knitting, I think lots of crafters are turning their thoughts to gifts at this time of year. I'm just glad that I started early.

Carolien said...

Hi Maggie,

You made a great ornament. Love the fingers of that witch, giggle ...
The straw 'statues' are wonderful, such fun!
And oh those knitted cuties, love them.

Have a great week!
xxx Carolien

Sally said...

Both exchanges are brilliant!

The scarecrow festival looks great fun.

Cheryl mylittlepieceofengland said...

What a lovely exchange, I loved your Halloween buttons. Fairytales and fables is such a good idea for a theme, I loved the gingerbread man. Cute little shoes, I know what you mean about so much to do and so little time xx

blue star stitcher said...

I love the Scarecrow festival, such cool ideas. And what a nice Halloween exchange, Halloween ornies are my favorites.

Desiree Ehleiter said...

The Tortoise and the Hare and the Gingerbread Man at the Scarecrow festival were really cool! I loved the pieces in your exchange! So much fun!