Pages

Thursday 29 February 2024

End of February

 Thank you for all the lovely kind messages on my last post, they meant a lot to me.   I got a call yesterday from the pet cemetery to say that Molly's ashes could be collected, so today I bought her home.  More tears on the drive home but her little casket is now in the cabinet along with Millie's.         I had thought I might bury them both together, when the weather permits, not sure yet, they were never outdoor cats, they liked to take a roam around our garden but neither one went off and didn't have a particular spot where they lay out there, they were always quite happy to be comfortable in home.       I'll speak to Mark at the weekend and get his thoughts.

This is the first time in my life that there has not been a cat or dog in the house.  It feels so very strange, and even though neither cats were vocal the house just feels so still and quiet, and now my lap is empty when I sit down, I miss them both so much, they will both always have a special place in my heart.  

There hasn't been a lot of crafting done this month, I haven't been in the right frame of mind; but I did finish my Stick6in24 stitching.


It's so small it hardly counts, but it's all I had the brain space for.

I'm afraid I can't remember the details except that it was a kit, it is a French design and came complete with the little wooden house shape to attach it too.

Manuela Pulled the No.1 for our next two month SAL, I have a design ready but not the threads or fabric, that's something I could do at the weekend.

I've been occupying myself this week with Spring cleaning, I've taken on a room each day and given everything a thorough cleaning, cushion covers and throws have been washed too and as of today all my windows have been cleaned inside and out, now we just need some Spring sunshine instead of this incessant rain!  The grass at the top of the garden is like a sponge and there are still puddles around the borders so not much chance of even tidying up in that area at the moment, at least some parts look like Spring has sprung.


February half term we took the kids to see Gaia at Tewskesbury Cathedral.


I'd also booked tickets for both myself and Mark to visit on the Saturday night


I had more time to look and listen to the sound track on the Saturday.  I found it really humbling, you realise just how big this planet of ours is and how very little is actually land, amazing.

I think I'll leave it there for now and hopefully pop back in again when I have something to share.

Take care
-X-

12 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

So very sorry to hear about Molly, she could have been Ruperts sister so alike.
I have lost 3 cats in the last year with two of them going within a few weeks of each other. I feel your pain, I can't look at the pics of my lot without going into meltdown.
I still have 2 left, a 16 and 17 years old. both crotchey and very vocal,( bit like me, lol) they are more trouble than when I had 7 cats. lol
lots of hugs
Briony
x

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Your little cross stitch house is lovely, Maggie.
Gaia looks incredible and makes you realise what an incredible planet we live on. Glad you enjoyed you visit x

Jackie said...

I am glad that Molly is home once again. Your cats sound like our Shania. She would either sit in the living room, sleep in her tent, or sleep on one of the lounge chairs on the deck. She never really wondered very far in the yard.

Gaia looks like it would have been an awesome experience.

God bless.

Carol said...

I'm just so sorry about your Molly, Maggie... I remember after my Shadow cat died, I kept thinking I'd see him off in a corner or playing outside. That went on for quite a while. Just give yourself time and the healing will come. Both of your kitties were so beautiful.

Amazing how many flowers you already have! They are so lovely and your little house stitching is adorable. I'm not familiar with Gaia so I looked at a video on YouTube. How amazing! Take care now and I hope your March is a kinder month for you ♥

MartinaM said...

Even though it's only a small pattern, it turned out really nice, thank you for being with me, I'm very happy about it.
I want to start decorating for spring today.
I hope you're feeling a little better after losing your little Molly, it's always hard to lose something you love.
Have a nice weekend
Martina

butterfly said...

So sorry , always so sad to loose your pets, they are part of the family, I miss all my pets.
But we did say after I lost my last dog Poppy , we would have no more because I was so upset, but you never know.
Love your stitched house.
Have a lovely week hugs June.

Poppypatchwork said...

They do leave a huge hole in our lives, Grace is not so good at the moment, I am watching her, she will be 19 in May, I have everything crossed she will perk up.

Jo said...

It's such a sad time adjusting to life without a much loved companion, many of us have been there and understand how hard it is. Gaia looks amazing. We were going to visit when it came to Leeds last year but we didn't get round to it. Nice that you took the grandchildren to see it too.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Spring cleaning is a real tonic. I must get on and start mine. Gaia looks awe inspiring, especially in such a wonderful space.

Lowcarb team member said...

The Gaia exhibition at Tewskesbury Cathedral looks fabulous.

All the best Jan

Sandy said...

I am finally catching up on blog reading. So sorry to hear about kitty. Our pets are definitely family members.
We have had a soggy winter here too. I am beyond ready for sunshine and warmth.

Sandy said...

Waving hi as I make my blog rounds and hope each day is a bit easier for you. Lovely spring flowers, and nice stitching.