Pages

Saturday 25 July 2015

The Cupboard Under The Stairs

When we moved into this house last year one of the first jobs Mark did was to add some pretty paper and some shelves to the under-stairs cupboard , (aka Nana'a shop, as named by Oliver!), so that I could use it as a pantry.  I love seeing all the things lined up, plus it makes it easier to see what I need when I go shopping.

On Thursday I was getting a bit numb from all that sitting so gave it a tidy up and a move around.



This little cupboard has more than one use, it also houses the ironing board and Oliver's toy box.  Eventually, when the kitchen is done (It's last one the list at the moment), it may become a cloakroom / shoe / bag storage cupboard, providing  I can have something similar for storage in the kitchen.


While I was in the mood I also gave a couple of the kitchen cupboards a clean out and tidy up :-)

I moved my baking supplies from the 'shop' and moved all the sauces
we use the most to the lower shelf.

If anyone is interested the shelf stacker's on the lower shelf and the ones with my cans on in the pantry are from Lakeland.
Oh and yes, all my cans and jars have to face forwards  :-)

The refreshment cupboard :-)
The middle shelf is reserved for bread, but we ran out, lol

As I've been walking around the house a little better the last few days I wanted to try and go for a walk, yesterday was an awful day, never stopped raining all day, this morning is the complete opposite so I've took myself and my crutches around the block.  If I take it slow I'm ok, can't do a proper stride yet but defiantly better than a few days ago, if I tried to go too quickly I got a sharp pull in my calf, just for a second, but don't want to do any damage so I will have to remember to take it steady!

I'll leave you with a few pictures of the garden, it's all looking very lush after all the rain yesterday, just don't look too closely at the grass, it needs cutting!





-X-

4 comments:

Hazel said...

Oh Maggie everything is lovely. Your kitchen, your cupboards, your pantry and your garden. Everything looks so tidy and organised. Not like mine! x

Julie said...

Maggie, I love your 'nanna's shop' what a sweetie Oliver is. Perhaps Santa will bring you a little till so you can play properly at shops lol.
Great news you are improving and getting about a bit more.
Xxx

Gill - That British Woman said...

Love your Nana's shop, I need one of those!! I also love Lakeland also.

Maggee said...

Glad to hear you can get around a LITTLE bit! The wallpaper in your 'shop' is lovely! Very vintage looking! I was looking at your groceries to see if I recognized any brand names... there were a few big ones same as here! It interests me how differently we all eat! Your garden is lovely! What is the wooden spoon type thing at the bird feeding area for? Curious...