Jacobs Christmas stockings was one thing I really wanted to make headway on in July but that wasn't to be. I waited ages for thread to come in stock and spent another age tracking down one of the Classic ColourWorks threads. Classic Colourworks, apparently , have stopped making perle #5 thread. My LNS did have one of the CC colours I needed but not the Purple Aster. I did eventually managed to track some down online, lucky for me they had old stock.
In the end, July came and went without me putting a single stitch into this stocking.
August stitching was a little better now I had all the required threads but with one thing and another time wasn't on my side.
(No idea what that weird blurry patch is on the photo below, must have been a smear on the lens)
So far this month I've made sure that I've set a chunk of time aside each week so that I can see some progress
And here is where i'm at so far. I sat and did a good few hours on Friday and got the coat all done and some of the smaller motifs.
Although I haven't had any stitching time over the weekend I feel like I've done the biggest part now and I'm bit more confident about getting it finished in time, fingers crossed.
I hope you have a lovely week, I'll see you soon