Pages

Sunday 9 August 2009

I'm Goin Where The Sun Keeps Shining!

I'm so behind with blogging & blog reading, i had every intention but the last few weeks just haven't been flowing right for me, i seem to be continually on catch up mode and have been generally out of sorts with most things, it happens sometimes though i suppose we all get fed up! I really had my heart set on finishing AT this week and at the framers this weekend but that just didn't happen, how can such a small amount of stitching take so long, i swear the chart was growing the more i stitched! As for Mary, well she was abandoned this week in favour of AT, but because i neglected her I'm taking her on holiday with me (hence the title of the post lol) she is as i type sitting in my suit case ready to travel. this is where i got to, page one all finished.

A couple of people wanted to know what threads I'm using, well it's good old DMC, 3777, 839 & 840. I'm stitching on 18 count with one thread. It's a bit strange stitching with one thread but I'm slowly getting used to it.

So it's off to Cyprus for me & Stevie this morning, it was a bit of a last minute thing, only booked it last week, our flight is at 9am, we are staying at mother & father in laws for 2 weeks! Mark isn't coming with us this time, he won't be able to have time off now until the end of October so it's just a girly thing this time. I will have Internet access while I'm away so may try and catch up a bit in the next 2 weeks.

Right, I'm off, we have to be out the house by 6.30, see you all after the 23rd, have a great weekend / week whatever you are up to and thank you all for your lovely comments, i really do appreciate them :-)

21 comments:

Kellie said...

Your Mary Wigham is absolutely gorgeous! I plan to stitch this one in the same colors eventually. Enjoy your holiday and have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your holiday!
progress looks good

Nancy said...

Have a wonderful time in Cyprus! Your Mary Wigham sampler is gorgeous. The color combination is very striking.

Loraine said...

Your Mary Wigwam is looking amazing. I really love the colors you chose! It makes me want to do this one too! I've been printing the patterns, and someday, maybe I will get to it. Thanks for the colors that you used. I'm writing them on the pattern so that I can do something similar. This would look so great in my upstairs.

Have a wonderful holiday. I'm so jealous. Cyprus is beautiful. I've never been there, but my DH spent 3 months there with the military, so I've seen lots of pictures. I would love to go someday.
I'll be thinking of you. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone else - your Mary Wigham project is just stunning with the colors you chose. I can't wait to see it finished. Hope that you get lots of rest and relaxation while away. Take care!

Kim B said...

Have fun! Your MW is amazing!! LOVE THOSE COLORS!

CindyMae said...

Hope you have a wonderful holiday!!! Love you MW progress, those colors are goegeous!

Cindy F. said...

Your Mary is one of my favorites!! The colors are so perfect!! Good job Maggie!!

Hope you and Stevie have a relaxing, but fun vacation:)

Karan said...

Snap - have felt just like that since getting back from my holiday. Hope you have a great time on holiday.
MW is looking gorgeous. :0)

Siobhán said...

Love your MW! I just love those colors. Have a great holiday!

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful Holiday. I look forward to seeing your progress on MW when you return

Von said...

Your color scheme is simply luscious!

Sharon said...

I just love the colors you have picked, wow its gorgeous. What a great combination, all your stitching is just fabulous. Enjoy your trip too. Can't wait to see some pictures, must be beautiful there.

MarchAnn said...

I love your color choices for Mary. I hope to pick out my colors tomorrow and start on her soon. Hope your vacation is restful and relaxing.
Glad I found your blog I enjoyed reading it and will be back.

Mylene said...

Hope you are all having a wonderful holiday!

Brigitte said...

Your Mary looks so gorgeous, the more I see the colours you use the more I love them.
Have a great time on Cyprus!

MarchAnn said...

Hope you are having a great holiday.
I love the colors on your Mary they look great.
I hope to start her this week myself, after getting the floss and material.
You do great work.

Stitching instead of cleaning said...

Love the colors, they pop!

JOLENE said...

Great progress, love the colors you've chosen. Hope your vacation to Cyprus is awesome!!

Sherry said...

Wonderful progress. I know what you mean about getting behind. Have a wonderful and safe vacation.

MysteryKnitter said...

I hope you have a nice vacation.