Pages

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Chat Noir - A Review

A couple of weeks ago Yiota, the owner of Yiotas-XStitch.com contacted me to ask if I would like to do a review of one of the cross stitch kits from her website.
I had a good roam around the website, (which, by the way is very easy to navigate your way around) and this kit caught my eye


When I went to Paris with daughters #1 and 2 a couple of years ago the Chat Noir picture was everywhere and being the crazy cat lady that I am, it appealed to me :-) 
I have absolutely no idea no idea what the original picture was for but don't you just love that cats smiling  face?


Once I'd made my choice and emailed Yiota back I received the pack very quickly.

The kit contains, the chart, threads, 14 count Aida and a needle, a key for the symbols and instructions

The stitch count is 127 x 159 with whole stitches only and the chart is spread over four A4 pages, the black and white symbols are a decent size and easy to read - here's a section of the chart

The kit contains Madeira threads which are pre-wound onto nice sized bobbins and clearly marked with the thread number - In this instance the chart only calls for three different colours, but I really liked that the threads were pre-wound :-)

Madeira pre-wound threads, aida fabric and needle

The instructions & Tips page clearly sets out how to get started and how to read the chart, very handy if you are a novice stitcher. The key to the symbols, a list of threads, stitch count and instructions are contained on a separate page



If you are interested in this particular kit or any other then please follow the link above.

Thank you Yiota for giving me this opportunity, I can't wait to get started on my smiling Chat Noir :-)

11 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

what a great review, very concise and too the point...

Will pop over to the site to take a look,

Gill in Canada

Anonymous said...

Prewound bobbins are great. Can't wait to see the finished cross stitch.

The bakery we go to has that cat on one of their posters.

Hazel said...

Lovely choice. Looks nice and easy too. x

Unknown said...

thanks so much for the review

Mouse said...

ooooo you should do reviews for a living ..lol and they do seem to be gorgeous kits :) love mouse xxxx

Chris said...

Wonderful kit. Thanks for the review.

Cath said...

The kit looks lovely . Looking forward to seeing it completed .X

Julie said...

Good review, going to be a fun project.

shio said...

nice design =^.^=

chat noir is sexy xD

Nicola said...

I well written review. I like how the thread are pre wound.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I just love your header, never noticed it before,

Gill in Canada