Pages

Monday 26 September 2016

A shawl finish

Way back at the end of May I shared some photos of a shawl in the making, Antarktis by Janina Kallio, a (paid for) pattern on Ravelry.  I'm afraid I didn't pick it up again after that photo, and when I did I just wasn't happy with the yarn, I thought it might end up a bit scratchy for a shawl, so I ripped it back and started again with this lovely Ginger Twist yarn I bought when I was in Edinburgh earlier in the year.


Once I started it turned out to be quite a quick knit



And although it is probably a tad smaller than the pattern says it should be, I'm quite happy with it :-)

Here is a closer look at the eyelet pattern, which looks way more complicated than it actually was.


I have been stitching away on Elizabeth too but haven't taken any progress photos, I really am very close to a finish on her though.

Autumn came like the flick of a switch on Thursday, I have bought some plants for my kitchen window baskets and was going to put them in after work today but weather is telling me to wait, perhaps tomorrow it will be dry enough for me to do it.

My little 99p miniature rose didn't get the message that Autumn had arrived though and is having it's second flush of flowers :-)


I've never managed to keep one of these going before, certainly not one that flowered twice!
Does anyone know if I can plant this in the garden next year, perhaps in a container if not the ground?

  That's all for now, see, I can do short posts sometimes :-)

Until next time
-X-

10 comments:

Jo said...

What a gorgeous shawl, I really like the pattern and the yarn colour is right up my street. It looks very autumnal, just right for this time of year. We've had rain here today, I'm hoping that the rest of the week isn't quite so bad. You should definitely be able to plant out your rose in the garden, I have a standard rose in a pot which is flowering away at the moment, the cooler weather doesn't seem to have fazed it at all.

Julie said...

Love the shawl, that is an interesting pattern and it does look fabulous. Love the colour, perfect for autumn to keep the chill off.
As Jo says, your rose should be fine outside in a pot next year.

Miriam said...

Ciao Maggie, it is a little time that I don't leave comments. Thank you for the pictures of your beautiful Country you have shared.
I like your shawl and your little rose is
Miriam

Angela said...

Beautiful Shawl, love the color!

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a lovely shawl and I love the colouring.

Your rose is a lovely shade too, it looks a very healthy plant.

All the best Jan

Sarah in Stitches said...

That's a gorgeous shawl! Your rose is beautiful too - I have a brown thumb, and I just bought some of the most low-maintenance plants ever. Hopefully I can keep them alive! :D

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Love the colour of your shawl, beautiful. I do love to see a rose, especially a scented one xx

Desiree Ehleiter said...

That shawl is gorgeous, the pattern is just beautiful! You made me think of my mom. If she liked what she was knitting it would be done in no time. Thanks for giving me that smile. Your rose is also lovely. I do hope it last for you, that is such a perfect little flower.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

That is a lovely patterned shawl, Maggie.

Jo@awholeplotoflove said...

Hi Maggie I sent you an email on Friday. It came from my work email address so just check it hasn't arrived in your spam box. Gorgeous shawl, I have plans to knit a shawl soon once I finish the blanket that I'm working on. x