Pages

Thursday 23 February 2017

It's a family thing

We survived the wedding!, we didn't stop late, the night time 'do' started around 7.30 and we lasted until about 9.30 and then headed home, we had been there since 2 o'clock so it had been a long day.
But it was a lovely day, the groom did get the brides first and middle names the wrong way round calling her Louise Marie, and it made everyone laugh when Marie said, no Rich, it's Marie Louise, lol

The bride looked beautiful, of course.

And there were some photo opportunity's that don't happen very often as it's very rare that we are all together in the same place.

Love this one of my brother and my mum

Actually, looking at this photo I can see how much my brother looks like my dad, I never really noticed how alike they were before, my dad was a bigger build but other than that they are very similar.  My dad hasn't been with us for a long time, died in September 1987, he was 61.

 My brother was 62 at Christmas, (his birthday is the day after mine ), that's a very strange feeling for me to think that he is now older than our dad ever lived to be, and looking at my brother brings it home that my dad did die very young.

Mum will be 89 in August, she had just turned 59 three days before my dad died.

She has spent these last 30 years since dad died by herself, that's a long time to live on your own, but she has been ok doing that and has managed well, and still does.

I thought It was a good time to get the grandchildren and great grand children together with mum for a photo, she does have 3 more grandchildren and 2 more great grandchildren, (my brothers other two sons and his daughter and his 2 grandchildren), who weren't at the wedding.


Dad wasn't perfect by any means, who is, but he loved us and did his best for us, he loved a family get together and would have been so proud to have all the kids together like this and seeing his first granddaughter get married.
Mum looks a bit serious here, I wonder if she is thinking that same thing?

Until next time
-X- 

16 comments:

Barb said...

Great family photos,especially those with your mom. She really looks lovely. Yes a very pretty bride!

Clare-Aimetu said...

It's always special when families get together, not only for the event itself. It's good to remember loved ones too. Lovely photos of your family.

KC'sCourt! said...

Lovely family photograph

Julie xxxxx

Justine said...

Lovely photos. What a beautiful bride!

Vickie said...

What a gorgeous family you have! Very smart to get those photos!!

Jo said...

Wow, your mum doesn't look 89. How lovely that she's got so many grandchildren and great grandchildren around her, they must keep her young. My mum and dad only have three grandchildren and none of them live nearby any more. It's very sad when people die young and as you say, it's odd when those they've left behind overtake them in age. My mum and dad are both older than their own parents were when they died yet my grandparents always seemed really old to me, I think people are staying young much longer these days. The bride looked beautiful and I love her bouquet, so many people hold posies these days but I don't think you can beat a large arrangement.

Miriam said...

Best wishes to the nice new couple and to all the beautiful family. Yes, very pretty bride!
Miriam

Poppypatchwork said...

As part of a large family, I know how hard it is to get everyone together. Looks a great day.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful family photo. What a great picture to have and enjoy. The bride and groom make a striking couple and I just love her flowers. Thank you for sharing.

Christina said...

Wow, what an emotional post, Maggie. I had tears in my eyes. My grandad died when he was 61 (he died the year before I was born) and my nanna lived until she was 96. She was longer without him that with him. It makes me very sad. Good for your mum for being so independent. She certainly doesn't look her age.

Your family photos are just lovely. The bride is absolutely stunning. I love her dress.

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Your mum looks amazing, certainly not 89. What a lovely family record the photo is xx

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Lovely pictures. Your mom looks wonderful (not nearly 89)! Weddings seem to always give me a moment to reflect. They are the start of a new family, but one can't help think of the people already gone. the key is remembering them in the positive way that you did.

Lisa said...

What a lovely family photo and of course the bride looked beautiful on their wedding day.
Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment.
I hope you enjoy your trips to London later in the year, there is always something new to discover!
Lisa x

Julie said...

A lovely picture of everyone together, the bride does look lovely.
You look like your mum Maggie.
Hasn't Oliver grown!

Carol said...

What a lovely family, Maggie! And your mom looks lovely and very healthy for 89! Much more so than my 89 year old mom :)

Wishing the new couple many happy, healthy years together!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely family photos, especially the one with your mum and the different generations of children.