Pages

Sunday 30 April 2017

Raindrops on Roses - April

I'm joining in with Jo of Through The Key Hole and her post of favourite things for this last day of April.


Perhaps it's a 'getting older' thing but the months do seem to be flying by at an alarming rate. so it's good to reflect on some of the things we have enjoyed over the past month.

The weather has been quite mixed this month, but we have had some lovely sunny days and I've really appreciated the colours in our garden.  One of the things I do like about our house is that the kitchen window looks out over the garden and it does look good early in the morning or late afternoon when the sun is low.



 I'm very happy that one of my miniature roses has a bud :-)
This is one of two I bought last year for 99p.


I've struggled with finding books that really grab me this year, but this one which I picked up in a charity shop recently was very good.


I do love James Blunt, well his music anyway.  I've usually got one of his albums playing in the car and Stevie bought me his new one for Mothers Day.  It's a bit different to his earlier work and it took me a few plays to really get into it but now I love it.  Good job as we are going to see him in November. 


I took the plunge and re-joined SW, and am loving it at the moment.
I managed to find a class that met at 3.45 which fits in better with me, last week was my second weigh-in and I got my 1/2 stone award, Yayyyy!  I was really really happy with that as you can imagine.

I bought a 6 week count down and am aiming to loose a stone in those 6 weeks.  I set my overall target to loose 1 1/2 stone, then I'll see how I feel.  Really I just want to be able to fit comfortably in the clothes that are already in my wardrobe.
So far so good, I am managing to curb my picking habits, (my biggest downfall)


So there you go, some of my favourite things from April, how about you?  What have you enjoyed this past month?

Until next time
-X-

14 comments:

Jo said...

Thank you for joining in. Your garden is beautiful, no wonder it's on your list of favourite things. I like the deep borders, plenty of room for a variety of plants. Very well done on your weight loss, that's a great result in a fortnight, you must have a lot of will power.

Vickie said...

Congratulations on the weight loss Maggie!

Barb said...

Your garden is so pretty. I am hoping for better weather in May so my garden can get going. It has been cold and rainy!!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your garden looks lovely, Maggie. Well done on the weight loss.

KC'sCourt! said...

Pretty garden

Julie xxxxx

butterfly said...

You have a beautiful garden, so pretty.
Congrats on your diet .
Happy May.

Carolien said...

Hello Maggie,

Your garden is so beautiful! Enjoy!

Hats off for the 'stone part', we're busy here at home with a diet too, lost 5 kilos (don't know how many stones that are ;). Good luck!!!

xxx Carolien

Julie said...

Plants in your garden are blooming nicely.
Well done on the SW award.

Christina said...

Your garden is just beautiful, Maggie. I usually get some fab - inexpensive - plants from B&M but our local store has been a let down this year. They just don't bother watering the plants. My mam has bought some great plants from her local B&M though.
Well done on the half a stone. That's incredible in 2 weeks. I don't have much to lose, but like you said, I would just love everything in my wardrobe to fit nicely! Perhaps this week will be the week that I start being good again?!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful garden Maggie, well done on your 1/2 stone award

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Your garden is gorgeous, so much to see. Well done with your weight loss, evenings are my downfall xx

cucki said...

Your garden is so beautiful.
Sending you love and smiles x

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Your garden is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations with the weight loss. Curbing the picking is the hardest part.

Lowcarb team member said...

Just had to stop by and say ... your garden looks wonderful.
Well done on your weight loss too.

Enjoy your week

All the best Jan