Pages

Thursday 21 June 2018

In Threes

I don't usually take any crafting to do when we go on holiday, but this time I did pack some knitting, and I'm so glad I did because this holiday was all about taking it easy and my knitting gave me something else to do when I wanted a break from reading.

I had already completed one of  the In Threes cardigans for Bonnie and I loved knitting it so much that found some more yarn from my stash to take with me and made another two.

The pattern calls for worsted weight yarn but I followed other recommendations on Ravelry and used DK yarn and knitted a bigger size.

This is Stylecraft Bambino yarn in duck egg, it's much nicer than the washed out colour it's coming up on here




This one is knitted in a King Cole Yarn


And the third one, which is in a larger size is knitted in a lovely grey Woman's Institute yarn.
I put the button holes on the garter stitch section on this one and I think it looks much better that way.


The cardigan is knit top down so no seaming to be done.
Where the side seaming would be there is a little garter stitch detail, which I think looks quite nice.


I'm so happy with how these came out and that I was able to knit them from yarn I already had, bonus!
I can see me knitting more of these for Bonnie over the next few years, it such a great pattern!

You can find the In Threes Pattern on Ravelry, it's not a free pattern, but it's good value for money because you get many different sizes.

See you soon
-X-

19 comments:

Katrina said...

Gorgeous knitting Maggie, I have made this lovely cardigan several times too :)

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

They are gorgeous, so pretty, I particularly like the one knitted in the King Cole yarn xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Maggie beautiful knitting my friend ,such lovely tops ,well done my friend xx

Christine said...

Beautiful! This is making me want to take up knitting again!

Barb said...

Bonnie is a lucky little girl to have such pretty sweaters!!

Julie said...

I've knitted so many of these, they are so useful and practical. Great selection.
The king cole yarn always makes me smile, it knits up like little rosebuds, it's poplular at our knit group.
Have a lovely weekend Maggie x

butterfly said...

Lovely knitting so cute .

Hope you had a nice restful holiday.

Poppypatchwork said...

Brilliant knitting and perfect for the summer, plus the bonus of no sewing up.

Jo said...

They're so pretty and a big bonus being knit in one piece. I can see what you mean about the button holes, I much prefer them on the garter stitch section too. You've chosen some lovely yarns, I'm going to knit something else for Eleanor's friend so we're going to have a look through some patterns together and choose some yarn, it's always exciting when there's a new baby to look forward to, even if the expectant mum isn't anyone close.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful knitting Maggie, they will be loved I'm sure. It's one of the crafts I cannot do because of my hands but I do love to see everyone's work

MartinaM said...

Beautiful knitting, i love these tree little cardigans.
I'm knitting a sweater for my daughter, and she can´t wait for him.
Have a great weekend, Martina

Catherine - Hillview Embroidery said...

What gorgeous cardigans. They sound like the perfect holiday project.

Sandy said...

Lovely...all of them. I must look up the pattern. I always take knitting or crocheting with me when we travel/vacation cause I have more time generally then vs at home where you have laundry and other things that require attention. The only exception is when we take a tour, as we will be later in the year to Italy. Since we'll be on someone else's time table on the tour I won't take anything with me then.

Carol said...

Oh, little Bonnie will be the best dressed little girl with those beautiful cardigans, Maggie! Love the details and the little buttons on each--you make me want to learn to knit :)

Miriam said...

Very nice knittings, I understand that you have had a beautiful relaxing holiday in the South of my Country.
Miriam

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely finishes. I usually take some crafting with me on holiday but it rarely gets taken out of the suitcase.

Lee said...

Very pretty,love the pattern.

Eloise at thisissixty.blog said...

I absolutely love these, especially the one with the stripe.
They look very 'independent boutique'!

Carolien said...

Lovely cardigans!!! Have a nice summer!

Bye, Carolien