Pages

Thursday 5 December 2019

5th day of Advent - stitching

I've been trying to get all the bits of Christmas stitching I've done over this past year finished off so that come January I can start afresh.
I shared the little Blackbird stocking and Bonnie's ornament a few days ago but I still have three left waiting to be fully finished and I plan on tackling those over the weekend.

I really did fancy having a new stitching start in December though, that wasn't Christmas related.

I had bought all twelve of the Calendar Girls series by Little House Needleworks back in April when we met up at the Nimble Thimble and thought it was about time I made a start.


I sorted the threads for them last week, they use good old DMC, and amazingly I had all the threads required for the first three months, that doesn't happen very often!

I bought the fabric on Saturday, enough to stitch all twelve, and had a lovely afternoon stitching last Sunday :-)


I'm surprised with the size of these, the picture on the chart looks smaller, I like it though, and it will make the finishing easier, lol

The plan is to stitch each one a month ahead all year round so that I can get them made up ready to display them when that month starts, you can remind me of that if I start slacking, lol.

Did you have a new project to start at the beginning of the month?

My lovely Advent minis from today

From left to right. from Lay Family Yarn, Craft House Magic and  Jo

♥♥♥


And a make up remover from my Body Shop calendar


See you tomorrow 😃
-X-

9 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

what kind of fabric are you using for the 12 months. I would like to know.I have them too and want to stitch but haven't decided on the fabric. I like your chose. Can your email me and let me know. thanks Lynda Ruth
Jasmine_Ms.Button@hotmail.com

Kate said...

I hadn't seen the Calendar Girls - they're quite lovely and I look forward to seeing your finishes.

Jackie said...

Lovely stitching. I do like the idea of putting one up at the beginning of each month.

God bless.

Rhona said...

Love your new start. Isn't it lovely when you have all the supplies you need to start straight away. Fabric color is gorgeous too.

Jo said...

I always enjoy seeing your stitching. Little House Needleworks have some lovely designs. I've put a magnifying light on my Christmas wish list so I'm hoping that Santa has been listening, I'd like to take up cross stitch a bit more next year.

butterfly said...

Lovely Stitching I have a couple of these stitched somewhere ,they are a nice stitch to do.
It's like Christmas everyday with your Advents ,

wisps of words said...

Amazing work!!!!

🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄

Sandy said...

Lovely, love your plan...your monthly stitch plan. You've been busy. Keep at it. You'll get there.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely stitching Maggie.
Enjoy the up-coming weekend.

All the best Jan